Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-26-2014, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efeaganes93 View Post
The one I am looking at is a Ferris 3100Z 37 hp Kawasaki, only 106 hrs, kept in garage, like new condition, moved to smaller property shortly after purchase and don't need.... 61inch deck zero turn, paid over $13,000 just over a year ago brand new. They are asking $8,000. Any suggestion on if this is a good deal or not?
That's too good a deal to turn down, you don't want that one to get away. You have confused me somewhat, we went from trying to decide between the Kawasaki or Vanguard BB to buying a used mower, what's the deal here?
Old 05-26-2014, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Ok. Thanks for your help. Does $8,000 seem high or low to you or is that a fair price?
Old 05-26-2014, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Ok. Thanks for your help. Does $8,000 seem high or low to you or is that a fair price?
That's a great price for that machine with that low hours.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
That's too good a deal to turn down, you don't want that one to get away. You have confused me somewhat, we went from trying to decide between the Kawasaki or Vanguard BB to buying a used mower, what's the deal here?
I saw this one online for sale and wasn't sure i would be better off getting a new one or this used one. I wanted to get some input before I spent so much money.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-27-2014, 03:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I saw this one online for sale and wasn't sure i would be better off getting a new one or this used one. I wanted to get some input before I spent so much money.
Posted via Mobile Device
That is a very, very good deal, do not let it get away if you are needing a mower. Please keep us informed of your decision.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Not sure if there is any warranty left but I think Kawasaki engine warranty is non transferable. I would have to double check that, but seems to me I ran into it on something in the past. Not sure on Ferris warranty. If the machine has no warranty then it doesnt much matter.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
Not sure if there is any warranty left but I think Kawasaki engine warranty is non transferable. I would have to double check that, but seems to me I ran into it on something in the past. Not sure on Ferris warranty. If the machine has no warranty then it doesnt much matter.
I was about to ask him in my last post to check and see if the warranties were transferable.

I really appreciate you bringing this up, maybe someone knows this information, and I certainly hope they will post an answer to the question of if the warranties are transferable. I think it to be pretty bad if not transferable, I mean, look, the mower company warranties the mower for a certain period of time, the engine manufacturer warranties the engine for a certain period of time, what difference does it make who owns the mower and engine, the warranty should remain in place until the warranty time runs out.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I know this- Deere warranties all the machine, including the engines, so all of it is transferable. I can't speak as to whether or not other machines that have their engines warrantied by the actual engine manu are fully transferable. Just some added info for the topic.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I know this- Deere warranties all the machine, including the engines, so all of it is transferable. I can't speak as to whether or not other machines that have their engines warrantied by the actual engine manu are fully transferable. Just some added info for the topic.

Neither the mower or engine warranty is transferable on a Ferris mower.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
Neither the mower or engine warranty is transferable on a Ferris mower.
Well it may depend on the engine manufacturer...but for sure Kawasaki is not. I ran into this last year. Company had changed hands/names and didnt have a copy of the receipt for the machine. Not being a Scag dealer I told them to try checking with where the machine was bought new and see if they could help. But still no help there