Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Gravely
User Name
Password
Home Gravely.com Parts Find a Dealer About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2014, 11:47 AM
Sponsor

What hobbies do you have, and what do you do in your down time?

I know spring is a busy time for you, but I thought it would be interesting to find out your hobbies. What do you do in your down time or on a rainy day when you can’t mow? What do you do in the off season when your grass isn’t growing?

Please share your pictures and/or stories so we can see the other talents you have besides your awesome mowing abilities. Maybe some of you are golfers? After you share your information, send me a private message with your contact information if you're interested in receiving an Ariens Company golf pack.

I'm looking forward to learning about your other talents, and maybe I'll get an idea or two of something I could do in my spare time . . .

Mary Lyn
Old 05-29-2014, 11:49 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Fishing mostly. Used to bowl for years
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-29-2014, 12:07 PM
Sponsor

I enjoy landscaping in my spare time . . .

I have enjoyed seeing your many landscaping projects you created, so here is my backyard project I worked on over the last several years.

My son had the vision, and with the help of my family and friends, we made an ugly hill look pretty. It helped that part of my family farm once quarried rock, so I spent many nights gathering rocks for this project.

My intentions were to make this as low maintenance as possible, so we put in a pondless waterfall and filled the pond with rocks. The rocks in the pond are now covered with some type of algae, and Iím not sure what I can put in the water to treat this. I have some live plants in the water, and I donít want to kill them. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mary Lyn
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2014, 12:11 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Fishing mostly. Used to bowl for years
Posted via Mobile Device
That sounds relaxing. Send me a private message with your contact information if you would like me to send you an Ariens Company golf pack.

Thanks for sharing.

Mary Lyn
Old 05-29-2014, 12:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravely Commercial View Post
I have enjoyed seeing your many landscaping projects you created, so here is my backyard project I worked on over the last several years.

My son had the vision, and with the help of my family and friends, we made an ugly hill look pretty. It helped that part of my family farm once quarried rock, so I spent many nights gathering rocks for this project.

My intentions were to make this as low maintenance as possible, so we put in a pondless waterfall and filled the pond with rocks. The rocks in the pond are now covered with some type of algae, and Iím not sure what I can put in the water to treat this. I have some live plants in the water, and I donít want to kill them. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mary Lyn
Beautiful Mary Lyn, give these folks a call and tell them your problem with algae.

http://www.steamdistiller.com/water.htm
Old 05-29-2014, 02:45 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
Beautiful Mary Lyn, give these folks a call and tell them your problem with algae.

http://www.steamdistiller.com/water.htm
Thanks Puppypaws - I will give them a call and appreciate your help.

Mary Lyn
Old 05-29-2014, 03:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I do quite a bit of target shooting on the weekends and go to the driving range sometimes too. Just started getting interested in golf though. One of my friends dragged.me to the driving range and found it quite relaxing
Stihl and Echo handhelds
Commercial Applicator Certified in 3A and 3B
Old 05-29-2014, 03:57 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Cuts Lawn Service View Post
I do quite a bit of target shooting on the weekends and go to the driving range sometimes too. Just started getting interested in golf though. One of my friends dragged.me to the driving range and found it quite relaxing
I'm glad that you find time to relax. I have tried target shooting, and I do enjoy that. I haven't found the golfing to be quite as relaxing as the ball doesn't go where I want it to go most of the time . Maybe if I practiced a little more . . .

Please send me your contact information via private message if you would like an Ariens golf pack.

Thanks.

Mary Lyn
Old 05-29-2014, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Member

I like to fish and shoot. Been so busy this year I haven't had time for either. Currently trying to buy a house out in the country, on 7 acres. That's the next growth in the business. And going to be the driving force behind the lack of fishing lol.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravely Commercial View Post
I'm glad that you find time to relax. I have tried target shooting, and I do enjoy that. I haven't found the golfing to be quite as relaxing as the ball doesn't go where I want it to go most of the time . Maybe if I practiced a little more . . .

Please send me your contact information via private message if you would like an Ariens golf pack.

Thanks.

Mary Lyn
Mary Lyn, I began playing golf when I was 8 yrs. of age, was the #1 player on the golf team in high school but lost interest when I got a scholarship to Tennessee Tech pitching baseball.

I did not play golf again until I was in my early 40's, of which I got the game back to being a scratch golfer (no handicap) until I was in my mid fifties, I then lost interest again after playing 3 to 4 times per week year round. I now have not touched a golf club in 10 yrs., and may or may not try it again, but I can promise my game will never go back to scratch status, my joints have a little arthritis, and definitely don't want to move as freely as they once did.

I also for many years hunted and fished a great deal as well, freshwater fished mostly, but loved to go out of Cape Hatteras, NC to the Gulf Stream and fish for Blue Fin Tuna, have caught them to over 400 lbs.

I loved to duck and goose hunt and was fortunate to hunt with the last market hunting guide on Currituck Sound for the his last 9 yrs. of guiding. The stories he could tell about him, his father, and grandfather market hunting and selling ducks to people up north, mainly New York, kept me mesmerized. The Canvasback ducks brought the best price at $5.00 a brace, with bigger puddle ducks such as Mallards, Blacks, and Pintails bringing $4.00 a brace. The guides name was Blanton Saunders, I would rather sit in a duck blind and listen to his market hunting stories than to talk with any President ever in office.

This is a painting of Blanton, and it looks very much as I remember him, his ears were extremely large, and this shows in the painting. His handmade decoys still bring a very high price with collectors.

http://www.packyourgear.com/Camping_...999353985/item

You will want to read this as well, extremely interesting.

http://www.ncdot.gov/projects/midcur...tResSurvey.pdf

Last edited by puppypaws; 05-29-2014 at 06:11 PM..