Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-26-2003, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Member

That is how I sell my services. I charge more, the results take time, and weeds might still grow. I also have friends who do what I am doing with this organic program, and they swear by it. They never will go back to chemicals again. Anyone willing to try organic methods had better be well educated in organic agronomy though, or you won't understand why it is better. I do, and it is enough. Just wait until I post pictures of half dead trees that spring to back to life with just a couple of my treatments, or green grass growing better during a drought than the neighbors next door who use chemicals. I am very fortunate my neighbors have had the chance to watch us garden organically for 13 years on our 6000 sq ft plot. We could just about feed the town, with no fertilizer. The neighbors figure if it is good enough for our trees and garden, it is good enough for the lawn too. Last year our organic soil withstood a drought that made cracks 1 inch wide, without hardly any wilting or crop loss.
I did not just get this info off the web either. I studied organic sciences for 8 years. Not only that, but I am learning to farm organically too. The solution to the worlds hunger is ORGANICS, not SYNTHETICS. Synthetics are the reason we have so much disease in the world today. It never was like this before.
With an organic program, a nation should be able to solve 90% of its disease problems. My goal is to see this happen during my lifetime. I hope you all are around to see it when it happens. Good luck!
Old 03-27-2003, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Location: central virgina, transition, plant hardy zone 7a, and heat index zone 7
What about the bridge organic fertilizers?

Organic pest control ineffective and costly for the desired results expected by clients!
Primarly work with cool season turf
Old 03-27-2003, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes, the current organic pest control methods we use today are not fool proof, nor do they work all the time. But this reality is not deterring scientists, inventors and researchers from searching for answers. Keep your eyes and ears open, there are better methods and products being tested right now. I have made it my goal to prove them first. Enough said on that for now.

What is the difference between the bridge products from Harmony and the regular synthetics? There are three primary distinctions of these new-generation fertilizers. First, they are homogenous, which means that all of the ingredients are equally distributed throughout each fertilizer particle for the most even distribution and coverage possible. Most fertilizers today are simply mixtures of different nutrients in a bag; similar to how M&Mís are a mixture of different colors of in a bag. If you think of each color in an M&M bag as a different nutrient and then toss that bag over the soil, you can see how nutrients are not evenly distributed to the soil. With Harmony fertilizers, all of the ďM&MísĒ are crushed together into one even mix and then turned back into granules so that each new granule contains parts of all of the original ones. Second, these new fertilizers contain high levels of essential organic matter and micronutrients. It is commonly known that what makes a soil ďhealthyĒ is high organic matter content and high levels of micronutrients, yet chemical fertilizers deliver virtually none of these important aspects! A healthy soil requires the constant addition of organic matter to feed its biological life. Organic matter also acts like a sponge that holds water and prevents nutrients from washing out of the soil. Likewise, as plants utilize nutrients, they need to be replaced or eventually the soil will become depleted. It has been scientifically proven that a majority of plant diseases and viruses stems from a lack of micronutrients available to the plant. Third, these fertilizers now contain a world-leading humate. Humate is very complex substances, but you might think of it as peat moss that has further decomposed for a million years. It is a very rich and very active substance that significantly enhances the plantís metabolism and stimulates microbial activity in the soil. There is simply no other fertilizer in the world that can deliver all of these aspects!

Does this whet your appetite?

Harmony Bridge products are spread at a rate of 5# per 1K.
Old 03-28-2003, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Location: central virgina, transition, plant hardy zone 7a, and heat index zone 7
So do you incorporate harmony products from VA in your fert program. If you are only applying 5lbs/m of harmony products, you aren't applying enough nutrients, or you are out fertilizing all the time!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2003, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Harmony Fertilizer Products contain some of the finest humic acid in the world. If you understood the humate factor you would see what I mean. Humic acid causes the plants to require 25% less fertilizer, and still be healthier. It also increases root length by more than double, and releases many of the locked up nutrients already in the soil, especially phosporus. Most of our soils already have a surplus of phosphorus that is locked in insolubility. Humates help to chelate many other nutrients as well. The rates of Harmony products vary in application between 3 and 6 lbs per 1K, depending on soil requirements. Harmony products have a high rate of sustainability, having between 50% and 88% water insoluble nitrogen, with a sustainability range between 12 and 20 weeks, depending on the type of fertilizer used, soil, and weather conditions.

I get my fertilizer from Organic Approach in Lancaster PA. Organic Approach is the Humate manufacturer who has a partnership with Harmony of VA. Check out their website.
This year will be my first year using Harmony and Organic Approach. I'll be sure to post the results when I get them. I will be doing sustainability tests as well, to demonstrate the effectiveness of Harmony on our IL soils.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

have to put down alot of organic fertilizer to get 20 weeks!!!!!!!