Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-01-2014, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i think i've went number 1 at every house i mow at one time or another. i'm not gonna pack it all up and drive 15min just to go take a leak somewhere.

woods, bushes, behind outbuildings you name it. i just hate when you have to stop during the middle of mowing to take a leak.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pictureperfectlawns View Post
i got caught behind a ladies garage one time wen she pulled in from work early. She pulled in from work about an hour early before i finished up. She came around the back to ask me if i could trim some bushes in the font the next time i was there. She rounded the corner, we made eye contact, and she literally laughed and smiled and said "i'll wait to you get finished up." a few minutes later she was asking me if i had children and if i was married.
lmao......................
Old 06-02-2014, 01:26 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Enclosed trailers and an assortment of empty bottles are a life saver.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-02-2014, 02:41 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I had a buddy back east who ran a port john services

"Scotty's Potty's"

"we're number 1 in the number 2 business"

That was his tag line.

I took one of his portajohns and mounted it to the back of my isuzu behind the drivers side.
On the passenger side I had a small desk, a microwave and a folding chair.

The porta john was one of those types with the had washer that you pump in it.

the rest of the space was enclosed like normal in the form of a poor mans super lawn truck.

I paid him to service it once a week.

We both thought the idea of a "truck loo" would catch on like wild fire and we'd make money on the concept….

It didn't.

IT was neat while it lasted. (not all my ideas go somewhere)

I got the idea by seeing porta johns strapped to the back of highway worker trucks and also have seen them int he back of mini trailers, also hauled around by highway workers.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Drill hole in floor of enclosed trailer. Attach hose to a funnel attach funnel to wall and run hose through floor. I keep saying I'm going to do this but I haven't taken the time yet. Luckily I haven't been caught taking a leak anywhere yet.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-02-2014, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I see scottys potties on long island all the time
Old 06-03-2014, 01:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Shot down a dirt road shortcut the other day, where high schoolers smoke marijauna apparently, to take a leak on the way to the next job, when a cop comes rolling up. I stashed and dashed back into the pickup, and he just rolled by smiling and laughing at me. Got bigger fish to fry than poor landscaper dude trying to fit a bathroom break into the work day.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicturePerfectLawns View Post
I got caught behind a ladies garage one time wen she pulled in from work early. She pulled in from work about an hour early before I finished up. She came around the back to ask me if I could trim some bushes in the font the next time I was there. She rounded the corner, we made eye contact, and she literally laughed and smiled and said "I'll wait to you get finished up." A few minutes later she was asking me if I had children and if I was married.

The next time, I decided to finish blowing and rush loading up the equipment before it came out. I threw everything on the truck, hopped in the truck like a jack rabbit heading for the neighborhood store. As soon as I pulled off the property and rounded the corner..... Can you finish this one? I started feeling drizzles, I immediately stopped the truck, looked around to find a place before realizing I was on a busy street, and realized I waited to late. It just started draining in my pants. I had to just sit back and sigh and relax, embarrassing story, I was pissed, especially having to call my old lady and have her rush me some jeans to the nearest walmart parking lot.
Did you get invited in to the lady's place?
09 Exmark Turf Tracer HP 36"
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
2 Husqvarna 125B Blowers
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 06-03-2014, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones68 View Post
Drill hole in floor of enclosed trailer. Attach hose to a funnel attach funnel to wall and run hose through floor. I keep saying I'm going to do this but I haven't taken the time yet. Luckily I haven't been caught taking a leak anywhere yet.
Posted via Mobile Device
I keep thinking I'll do this too. My Dad had this setup in his home renovation job trailer, and it worked great. Only issue was in the winter, when we pulled away from a week long job and left a patch of yellow ice on the driveway. Hmmm, trailer must have been leaking something....
Old 06-03-2014, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Had a roommate a while back move out and leave a bunch of stainless water bottles. Let's just say they come in handy. There's always a place to drive off to fill one up

By far, my worst "on the job" story was around this time last year. Had just picked up 3 rental properties, all from the same owners. Had gate keys and garage door openers (so I could set timers). Somewhere between too much coffee and I should have worn shorts, I found my self in a vacant garage sweating and panicing because the door to the inside was locked. That bucket got tossed, and extra socks are a must
Posted via Mobile Device