Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-03-2014, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Company mascot in marketing

Hello everyone! I'm the new and improved mascot for Blades of Grass Lawn Care in Savannah, GA "Blade" as you can see, I am strong, established, dedicated, committed, dependable and very reliable. I'm here to defend your home or business from my arch enemy "No curb appeal" so in 2014 if you need me, just call (912) 507-1978 or visit my website http://www.bladesofgrasslawncare.com for more information.

This is our 2014 re-introduction of our mascot. I'm requesting your professional opinion on the best way to utilize him for marketing purposes. the design and name is final. He will be posted on all companyAttachment 283764 social media pages and trailers.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Property Grounds Maintenance
Old 06-07-2014, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaec View Post
Hello everyone! I'm the new and improved mascot for Blades of Grass Lawn Care in Savannah, GA "Blade" as you can see, I am strong, established, dedicated, committed, dependable and very reliable. I'm here to defend your home or business from my arch enemy "No curb appeal" so in 2014 if you need me, just call (912) 507-1978 or visit my website http://www.bladesofgrasslawncare.com for more information.

This is our 2014 re-introduction of our mascot. I'm requesting your professional opinion on the best way to utilize him for marketing purposes. the design and name is final. He will be posted on all companyAttachment 283764 social media pages and trailers.

Thanks in advance.
Well, I can't say I have advice using a mascot for lawn care, but I do have expertise with a mascot in the pizza business, namely the little Caesar's pizza Caesar man. Best thing you ban do is post images of him on all your marketing and advertising campaigns so that people will know that he belongs to your company. Have a custom mascot built and get him out in the community. He will primarily get kids attention, but marketing to kids will get router parents attention. Have him hand out balloons with logo and phone number. May not get you as much business as you expect now, but will get you positive exposure. As you are advertising and marketing to these kids, you are securing their business in the future as they will think of blade when they need services.

About your image of blade. On my phone, the image was jagged. You should invest in having the resolution increased by a designer.

The description of blade. Tune that up too. For example, no one cares that blade is the new and improved mascot or that he has all the wonderful traits. A simple introduction will work much better. Something that says I'm blade and I'll make your life easier. Hire a copywriter for this and it will pay off big.

Like I said, I'm not qualified to speak inelegantly about this as it pertains to the lawn business yet. Hopefully others will chime in with their thoughts as well
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
blade , grass , logo , marketing , mascot