Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-09-2014, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly's Landscaping View Post
You are right about that if it was reasonable people wouldn't need insurance. But the catch 22 to that is if there wasn't insurance it would be reasonable.

When you manipulate the market at first you hardly notice but eventually it grows into an unrecognizable disaster which is then deemed to important and to big to mess with and so the adjustments continue.

As bad as rabies shots cost it could of been about 10 times worse. Check out what it costs for snake bite victims sometime those prices are just plain rude.
Yes I've seen the prices.

Mom is a chemo RN. They have a few shots that cost over $5k that they have to administer weekly.

And that company has the exclusive rights to the drug so no one can come out with a cheaper version of it

It's really just a big monopoly. Just like my kid being in the nicu. Our insurance tried to drop him after he got out. I had so many medicines, doctors appts, etc his first year it was crazy. He was in a hospital over an hour away and they wouldn't even provide us with a room. We could stay on the campus hotel for $180 a night.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-10-2014, 01:29 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/p...,3680375.story seems of the 8 million we are suppose to celibate for buying them selves Obamacare 75% or 6 million didn't and instead got on to medicaid. And somehow it took till June to know this? Sad considering when you add up the individual states we spent 5,000,000,000 to make a web site and we are to believe that basic statistics such as how many signed up are too difficult for the web site to answer.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
This is why assets must be taken out of the parents names when they hit somewhere from 60 to 65. Estate planning is needed to protect that home being taken over by the government.
Once again, it is not the government taking the house.

The person that owns the house has medical or nursing home bills to pay. The house is sold to pay the bills (forced by a judge in order for the nursing home to collect unpaid bills). Once they spend all their house money on the nursing home, they are then considered poor. Then they are qualified for Medicaid. Then Medicaid (US taxpayers) pays the bills.

The other option is for Grandpa to stay at home or stay with relatives. No one forces anyone into an $8K/month nursing home.

Supah-Duty
Exmark-Gravely-Scag
Stihl-Redmax
Old 06-10-2014, 03:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsole View Post
It should not be mandatory. I should have a choice, like I did all my life until this year.
You can choose to go uninsured and pay the fine instead. Many people go for years with no insurance with no problem. I think the fine is $95 this year.

It becomes a problem only if or when you or your family member becomes sick and can't pay the bill. Cancer, bypass surgery, bad accident requiring surgery, disease, or any other expensive medical cost will set you back many tens of thousands of dollars. If you have a couple hundred thousand kicking around to cover those expenses, then no problem. Paying the fine makes sense if you can pay for medical costs out of pocket.

But if a person gets sick and cannot pay, they (the hospital and doctors) will come after their assets. If you have equity in your home they will get a court to mandate the sale of your home. If you have stocks, they will force you to liquidate. If you have a job, they will garnish your wages. They will collect the money. It will ruin your life. Many are forced into bankruptcy just to get out of the debt. Everything is gone. Then the hospital collects the remainder of the debt from the Obamacare penalty fee money. This deadbeat pool is used by the insurance companies to collect on bills from those that don't pay.

If you have no assets and you are poor, then you should be on Medicaid to protect yourself.

If a person is middle class with some cash in the bank, owns their own business, and has some equity in a house and has no health insurance, they are taking a massive risk. I would never take a chance on ruining my life like that. I worked too long and hard to get what little I have.

But to each their own.

Supah-Duty
Exmark-Gravely-Scag
Stihl-Redmax
Old 06-10-2014, 03:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly's Landscaping View Post
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/p...,3680375.story seems of the 8 million we are suppose to celibate for buying them selves Obamacare 75% or 6 million didn't and instead got on to medicaid. And somehow it took till June to know this? Sad considering when you add up the individual states we spent 5,000,000,000 to make a web site and we are to believe that basic statistics such as how many signed up are too difficult for the web site to answer.
I think that if I read the article correctly, 8 million people signed up for private health insurance, and another 6 million signed up for Medicaid. The total is 14 million more people have health insurance this year than last year.

On top of that are the 3 million people 21 to 26 year old that have been insured for 4 or 5 years now.

Supah-Duty
Exmark-Gravely-Scag
Stihl-Redmax
Old 06-10-2014, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackitdown View Post
You can choose to go uninsured and pay the fine instead. Many people go for years with no insurance with no problem. I think the fine is $95 this year.

It becomes a problem only if or when you or your family member becomes sick and can't pay the bill. Cancer, bypass surgery, bad accident requiring surgery, disease, or any other expensive medical cost will set you back many tens of thousands of dollars. If you have a couple hundred thousand kicking around to cover those expenses, then no problem. Paying the fine makes sense if you can pay for medical costs out of pocket.

But if a person gets sick and cannot pay, they (the hospital and doctors) will come after their assets. If you have equity in your home they will get a court to mandate the sale of your home. If you have stocks, they will force you to liquidate. If you have a job, they will garnish your wages. They will collect the money. It will ruin your life. Many are forced into bankruptcy just to get out of the debt. Everything is gone. Then the hospital collects the remainder of the debt from the Obamacare penalty fee money. This deadbeat pool is used by the insurance companies to collect on bills from those that don't pay.

If you have no assets and you are poor, then you should be on Medicaid to protect yourself.

If a person is middle class with some cash in the bank, owns their own business, and has some equity in a house and has no health insurance, they are taking a massive risk. I would never take a chance on ruining my life like that. I worked too long and hard to get what little I have.

But to each their own.
Yeah that's all fine and great but the point is it should not be required. And it damn sure shouldn't have a penatly

It does have anything to do with people being "deadbeats" it has everything to do with medical care being UNAFFORDABLE in the first place.

I absolutely hate insurance and believe it is one of the biggest scams in this country. They are ao quick to drop you or raise your rates if you ever make a claim for what you have insurance for in the first place. What kind of **** is that?

We claimed body work on my personal truck. Wasn't an accident. I was backing up in the woods and hit a grass covered stump. $4k in damage. No big deal I haven't had a claim on my insurance in 20 years right?

Wrong. They raised my rate over $10k over 5 years. Only then may they "consider" lowering it back where it was.

That's nothing but a fing scam
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-10-2014, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackitdown View Post
I think that if I read the article correctly, 8 million people signed up for private health insurance, and another 6 million signed up for Medicaid. The total is 14 million more people have health insurance this year than last year.

On top of that are the 3 million people 21 to 26 year old that have been insured for 4 or 5 years now.
No.

You're off. And signed up isn't the same as having coverage. Might want to read about obamacare a little more before you defend it
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-10-2014, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
This is why assets must be taken out of the parents names when they hit somewhere from 60 to 65. Estate planning is needed to protect that home being taken over by the government.
They go back I think up to 7 years, on property transfers, and its slightly illegal.

The best way is too buy long term health care insureance when your in your 50s.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsole View Post
It should not be mandatory. I should have a choice, like I did all my life until this year. Just another way for the government to steal more money from me. Arent i making enough money working hard everyday so tons of them can be imcompetent? ANY time i have to deal with the government it is a complete joke. I appreciate the roads i drive on, cops, parks, and the like, but there is a ton of waste/ stealing. If the government stopped wasting my money on bogus reasons and just for the necessity, I could pay 50%-90% less. Instead its going to all kinds of terrible or corrupt things. Just ONE example, remember when the economy collapsed and the taxpayers BAILED out the banks? How the banks were bankrupt, tons of people lost their jobs. WHY did the CEO of a large bank get a $100 MILLION DOLLAR BONUS?!?!? My taxes went to that kind of corruption. There are all sorts of terrorist (real terrorists) and criminals in the government. I am all for helping people and contributing to society for the benefit of others. The objection I have is its not always going to good things, even when it does its terribly inefficient.

Whiffyspark- how did a rabies shot cost you $14k????????
I agree it shouldn't be mandatory, but I still recommend it, althought Obama Care is likely to push many people out of insurance due to the extreme price increases the program is causing.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Our prices have actually gone down and the policy covers more.
Posted via Mobile Device