Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-07-2014, 06:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Springwise? Who's dealing with them?

I was called by them in march, supposedly had the job for 2 Rite Aids… i tried sending them my info and calling them but they never responded…come to find out that they had also called another guy, he was going to do it for a dollar less than me… its now june… places never got mowed…one of my friends(he does the plowing for them in the winter) was called in to do the clean up and now they are telling him he over charged and don't want to work with him. They called me back and expected me to do the mowing for the price they determined back in march (i didn't agree on their pricing in march)… i told them no way would i do it for that price, that these were my prices and yet they still sent me info with the old pricing and are looking for all my insurances and tax info….WTF!!!
So do i just ignore them or see if i can work with them?
I've heard they don't like to pay in a timely manner and really I have all the accounts i need right now…but i have a hard time saying no to money. Also it puts my trucks and employees in a highly visible place with the chance of getting more work down the road
Old 06-07-2014, 07:31 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

If they are already like that then they will try to own you....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-07-2014, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
I was called by them in march, supposedly had the job for 2 Rite Aids… i tried sending them my info and calling them but they never responded…come to find out that they had also called another guy, he was going to do it for a dollar less than me… its now june… places never got mowed…one of my friends(he does the plowing for them in the winter) was called in to do the clean up and now they are telling him he over charged and don't want to work with him. They called me back and expected me to do the mowing for the price they determined back in march (i didn't agree on their pricing in march)… i told them no way would i do it for that price, that these were my prices and yet they still sent me info with the old pricing and are looking for all my insurances and tax info….WTF!!!
So do i just ignore them or see if i can work with them?
I've heard they don't like to pay in a timely manner and really I have all the accounts i need right now…but i have a hard time saying no to money. Also it puts my trucks and employees in a highly visible place with the chance of getting more work down the road
Send them a contract with your prices… Ignore anything from them that is not your terms. they will either find someone else, or be forced to agree to your pricing structure, they are NOT currently meeting their contractual obligations so they have to do SOMETHING.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Member

I like the contract idea
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-08-2014, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

While your at it see if you can get them to send me the $400 they stiffed me back in 2006 when they went by the name genisus or some silly name like that. These morons send us faxes with bid requests 3-5 times a year every year. While I like T pends idea about forcing them to accept your terms I did that and they just ignored it later, they have no ethics Id run if I were you.

Their favorite tactic is to ask for a bid one some huge box store than say it needs to be in in less than 2 days. Don't even get me started on the bs paper work dead lines. It's just one way after another to cheat you out of your pay.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Member

I am contracted to take care of a Rite Aid in PA for Springwise. They called me on 4-30 and expected work to be completed by 5-2. I told them no way and they need to raise the price by $200. They didn't have a problem with this. I will be giving them a proposal to re-do the majority of the landscaping next year. So far I haven't had any issues with them. We will see when it comes time to get paid.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane-pa View Post
I am contracted to take care of a Rite Aid in PA for Springwise. They called me on 4-30 and expected work to be completed by 5-2. I told them no way and they need to raise the price by $200. They didn't have a problem with this. I will be giving them a proposal to re-do the majority of the landscaping next year. So far I haven't had any issues with them. We will see when it comes time to get paid.
so you haven't been paid anything yet? how many times have you mowed for them?
Old 06-11-2014, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Member

I started on May 6th. They bill by the month. Invoice was sent on May 30.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Good thing to hear
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-12-2014, 07:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

#1 The Rite-Aids by me all look like dumps and have for several years. Not sure I would even want to get involved with them.

#2 Why in God's green earth would you want to deal with a company that would hire someone else that is $1 less than you are and then he doesn't perform the work?

#3 National Service Providers (NSP's) are the scourge of the landscape and snow business. Just say no.

I like my guns like Obama likes his voters: Undocumented

Criminals obey gun laws like politicians follow their oaths of office