Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-12-2014, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Member

@recycledsole Not a chance. Includes about 100km (62 miles) of city driving.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsole View Post
44 lawns per day? that is awesome! they must be on the same street right?
44 lawns in. 14 hr day is good but not earth shattering. I coul do 20 with a 30" in an 8 hr day. Not discounting the mower just adding that in. Too many variables.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-12-2014, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Member

I use a 30" TimeMaster as my push as well. Highly effective pair. Actually I should add that the TimeMaster is probably the reason my push allotment is so high. If I used a regular ~20 pusher I would probably use the stander more.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawizx62003 View Post
44 lawns in. 14 hr day is good but not earth shattering. I coul do 20 with a 30" in an 8 hr day. Not discounting the mower just adding that in. Too many variables.
Posted via Mobile Device
Im missing something I do lawns the same size and no lot is larger than .3 acres. We can only do 25 in about 11 hours. I think its a 40 mile route. And we only use the push mower on 2 accounts. I would guess the average time it takes to mow the lawn is about 18-20 minutes AVG.
"When we finally tire of searching for happiness outside, we sit quietly and analyze and realize that true and lasting happiness can never come from outside. It can't come because it simply is. You are Happiness personified. You are that Supreme Bliss. You are that Joy. You are the image of happiness. God is the one who is always happy, and you are the image of God." - Satchitananda
Old 08-12-2014, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

we use 2 exmark vantages. 52" decks with mulch kits. from 1/5 acres to several acres. only cons are when it gets dry is its hard on everything. feels like running a jack hammer. when I had sit down mowers I had to use seat belts on some places to keep me in the seat. in a year or two I may go to ferris is2500's. im getting old for this crap
Old 08-12-2014, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel_schumaker View Post
Ok, been on this site awhile but haven't ever posted. Whats the deal with walk behind and stander mowers? Whats the advantage of them vs. small zero turn riders? I have never seen any lawncare business in northeast Kansas use either one. Everyone here uses riders or a 21" pusher for tight spaces. Most of the guys use 60" mowers and a few have 54's. Are our lawns just that much larger in general?
Like I posted,comparing my 61" ztr Ferris & my sons 52" grandstand,he blows my times out of the water.My time on a property--1hr 40 minutes,his time 1hr flat.Thing is I have to use a 21" push on the steep parts and gully.He mows each side of the gully and walks or squats low on the steep parts.

And now I am rethinking any new equipment purchases.I lost the right drive motor and pump on my Ferris.No ebay ---dealer only to the tune of over $1800.I think I would go with a stander and hopefully better pricing on hydro parts.Scag,Exmark,& Toro on Ebay ---no Ferris parts.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

bodaggin 2 questions
are you solo
and
do you have a homemade stripe kit for your stander?
"When we finally tire of searching for happiness outside, we sit quietly and analyze and realize that true and lasting happiness can never come from outside. It can't come because it simply is. You are Happiness personified. You are that Supreme Bliss. You are that Joy. You are the image of happiness. God is the one who is always happy, and you are the image of God." - Satchitananda
Old 08-13-2014, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes I'm solo. All work is completely done by myself. This is more productive per man hour of work as there is less total waiting and therefore less time you are paying wages for 0 production.

I don't use any stripe kit on the mower. They make a Toro one for it but you can't back up with it which messes up your mowing and unloading. It also lengthens the mower so storing it sideways in a 6' wide trailer isn't possible. I can store my GrandStand 36 sideways in the 6' trailer comfortably with at least 6" of room.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

wow. youre doing 44 lawns a day solo...
Old 08-13-2014, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsole View Post
wow. youre doing 44 lawns a day solo...
Correct. Like I say. Standers work.
Posted via Mobile Device