Go Back   LawnSite.com™ - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Gravely
User Name
Password
Home Gravely.com Parts Find a Dealer About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Sponsor

Gravely X-Factor I vs. X-Factor II Decks

Here is information from our Technical Group on the deck changes from X-Factor I to X-Factor II. Since some of the changes were running changes, I thought it would be good to clarify so you can better understand what deck is on the mowers you have, plan to purchase, etc.

Spindle Design

There has been a rolling change in the design of the spindles in the X-Factor I mower deck. The spindles have had numerous interior changes to improve reliability and longevity. The new spindles are the same shape and profile as previous black commercial spindles and can be identified by their red exterior paint.

Being that the change was ongoing during production, the best way to identify the design of the spindle is by inspecting the color of the exterior spindle housing. The X-Factor I mower deck may have either design, but the X-Factor II mower deck will all have the newly designed spindle assembly.

The new spindle design does fit in place of the old design, and both spindle designs are covered by a 3-year commercial warranty.

Discharge Opening

The discharge opening on the X-Factor II mower deck has been increased by 1.5 inches from the previous X-Factor I mower deck. This change will improve clipping dispersal, especially in demanding cutting situations. The chute profile has also been optimized for even clipping dispersal and reduced windrowing.

The change in the discharge opening can be identified by a serial number break on the unit. Any model built before serial number 20,000 will have the X-Factor I mower deck design and any model built after serial number 20,000 will have the new X-Factor II mower deck design.

Standard Adjustable Vacuum Baffles

Starting production in 2013, vacuum baffles were standard on Pro-Turn™ 400, Pro-Turn™ 200 and Pro-Turn™ 100 models. This allows the air flow underneath the mower deck to be adjusted depending on the conditions for maximum performance.

Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks.

Mary Lyn

Gravely Power Equipment - Commercial Duty Tough

New Atlas JSV - Jobsite Vehicle

Zero Turn Mowers

Stand On Mowers

Walk Behind Mowers
Old 04-29-2015, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is there any chance of putting an XF2 deck under the prostance? My PS61 has some major QOC issues. It pukes massive clumps at less than walking speed when cutting 1.5" of thick Tall Fescue. Not to mention that my deck eats belts like they are girl scout cookies. Has been back to the dealer multiple times, but still not much of a change. At least it hasnt tossed a belt yet this year...
Old 04-29-2015, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nevermind... tossed the belt again today. Contacted my Gravely rep, and he says it needs to go back to the shop, which I agree, obviously. However there are no demos available for a loaner and it's my only mower. I'm not going to denounce Gravely nor promote them until this is fixed. I am going to try to work something out with another dealer that's 2 hours away and see if they have any ideas. Sadly, unless I can get a demo mower, I'm going to be stuck with this for the rest of the season.

I'm really starting to regret my purchase of this machine... does anyone still monitor this forum that would be able to help?