Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-14-2014, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Gravely customer service is amazing!!!

Some of you may have read my post a couple months about the bagger assist for my 460. Rather than explain again here is the link:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=424326

So yesterday after asking about getting a demo lined up for a Pro Stance 36 (which I will be getting very soon!!!) Mary Lyn said Gravely is in the process of developing a new one and is shipping one to my dealer to for me and my guys to test because of the issues we had last spring and fall, we have been asked to provide feedback on performance, etc so that they can make changes before it goes into production.

I continue to be impressed everyday by Gravely's customer service and willingness to work with the end user (us) to make their products the best they can be!!
Thanks to Gravely & Mary Lyn
Old 06-14-2014, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Mary is great and always on top of things, Gravely support has always been in top of the chain.

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 06-15-2014, 01:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Location: Down the road from where they used to make Saturn cars.
I have a friend with a 52 inch commercial Gravely that is not more than a couple years old and a couple months ago a tension pulley for the hydraulics on his had the bearings come out of it and it also caused the stud to loosen up and enlarge the hole that held the stud that held the idler pulley. It took a month to get in a new tension pulley and the rest of the assembly to repair his mower. I wound up mowing my friends yard once myself just to help him out. I couldn't believe the inability of the local Gravely dealer to get the basic replacement part. If I had been my friend I would have insisted that the dealer give me the part off a new mower that was in stock to get me going.
2 Echo SRM-210
1 Echo SRM-225
Tanaka TCG22EASSLP
Husqvarna 125 & 150 BT
6.5' x 12 ' Trailer
Stihl 025 18"
Husqvarna 460 24"
Old 06-15-2014, 06:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennington Lawncare View Post
I have a friend with a 52 inch commercial Gravely that is not more than a couple years old and a couple months ago a tension pulley for the hydraulics on his had the bearings come out of it and it also caused the stud to loosen up and enlarge the hole that held the stud that held the idler pulley. It took a month to get in a new tension pulley and the rest of the assembly to repair his mower. I wound up mowing my friends yard once myself just to help him out. I couldn't believe the inability of the local Gravely dealer to get the basic replacement part. If I had been my friend I would have insisted that the dealer give me the part off a new mower that was in stock to get me going.
Fortunately I have a great dealer who has gone above and beyond to keep me up and running more than a couple times. But we all know there are bad dealers out there. This post is about Gravely themselves and the company's customer service, which is OUTSTANDING!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-16-2014, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Gravely has an excellent backup program with my dealer. They let you use loaners while your mower is in for warranty work. Gravely is serious about their slogan "gravely keeps you cutting"
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
460 , bagger , customer service , gravely , pro stance