Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-18-2014, 01:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess I do have another choice husqvarna but have no idea about those things either never seen anyone using them around here.

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 06-18-2014, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You can cut hay with the 130's if you need to but other than that they are over powered for normal trimming. Work good with the saw bade on them and run all att very well.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-18-2014, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntide View Post
I guess I do have another choice husqvarna but have no idea about those things either never seen anyone using them around here.
Husquavarna is very good. If u have a lowe's around they carry it and can order it if they dont have it
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-18-2014, 03:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have both Stihl and Husky. You can get good or bad in any brand and on any machine. I really like Husky trimmers and their BP's are top of the heap. The little 223L sold at Lowe's is as good a trimmer as any for the money, but for a few bucks more, the 323 is more power in the same weight machine (both at 9 LBS) and it has a solid shaft vs the cable shaft in the 223. I run a 223 everyday as my main trimmer, and it will cut any normal growth with ease. Even tall stuff isn't a problem normally when you use the right line.

If you get into drainage ditches and field type cutting, a bigger trimmer like the 130 or the 250 is well worth the money.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well this is interesting I wouldn't of thought of those as Commercial quality trimmer equipment at Lowe's.

Also adds more thinking to what I need to get, I want a versatile attachment series and 1 main trimmer, this Echo still works good but about had its days in the bush and will be put back once I make a decision for a backup.

Like I mentioned I was going for the full PAS Echo series till that ordeal minus a couple attachments like the blower and sweeper.

I guess this will take some time to think over since I have never used anything outside of Echo and appreciate the feedback and will be looking for more to help with decision before dumping a wad of cash out.

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 06-18-2014, 05:31 PM
LawnSite Member

For a dedicated trimmer go with the FS-100RX and you'll never look back, if you want to be able to add attachments later then go with the KM-110 and you'll be able to do anything you want while still having a good trimmer. I've been running the FS-100RX's since they came out (about 8 years I think) and now have half a dozen, I also run a couple KM-110's and FS-110R's with edger heads. I love the FS-100RX for its weight and snappiness, the 110R or KM-110 is perfect for running multiple heads though. You will not regret going to Stihl.
2013 Ferris IS2000 52/28 Briggs
2011 Ferris IS2000 52/25 Kawi
2010 Ferris IS2000 52/25 Kawi
PJ 18' Trailer
Triton 12' Trailer
(2) Stihl FS-110R w/ Edger Head
(5) Stihl FS-100RX
(3) Stihl BR-600 Blowers
(2) Stihl KM-110
Cultivator head
Hedge trimmer head
String trimmer head
Paddle Sweeper head (The best invention!)
Stihl HS-80 Hedge Trimmer
Stihl HS-81 Hedge Trimmer
(3) Pushmowers

w w w.snowhillinc.com
Old 06-18-2014, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I was given a used echo trimmer. Used it for 2 years till it died.

Bought a sthil fs90r. Great machine.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I run 110r trimmers br600 blowers have a 130 combi with the redefiner pole saw and hedge trimmer 81r hedge trimmer and 3 saw love them all almost never have problems. Picking up a few more pieces next week. We also have a 250 with the bike handles
Old 06-19-2014, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntide View Post
Well this is interesting I wouldn't of thought of those as Commercial quality trimmer equipment at Lowe's.

Also adds more thinking to what I need to get, I want a versatile attachment series and 1 main trimmer, this Echo still works good but about had its days in the bush and will be put back once I make ain't have a decision for a backup.

Like I mentioned I was going for the full PAS Echo series till that ordeal minus a couple attachments like the blower and sweeper.

I guess this will take some time to think over since I have never used anything outside of Echo and appreciate the feedback and will be looking for more to help with decision before dumping a wad of cash out.
We run stihl and husky and I have had better luck with husky. I have a brand new fs 130 weedeater and its already fixing to go back to shop dosen't want to stay running. I also have a brand new fc90 90 stick edger haven't had any problems out of it yet but seems under powered if u run into a sidewalk job that hasn't been maintained. i also have a vs 110 that was a total pos from the get go and has retired because it was in the shop almost every time I gave it a good work day. I have only had to replace one small gas line on my husky chainsaw since new. Husky backpack blower and string trimmer have never had a problem out of them yet after about 2 years of use. I might get away from stihl myself if they dont stop crapping out on me and just run husky, we'll see lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-19-2014, 01:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Another vote for the fs100rx if you need access to multiple attachments. Power is 3x what the 210 echo had to offer and you can mount attachments by swapping heads - no need to buy a split shaft unit. Throttle control is nearly nonexistent compared to echo 2-strokes but you'll soon get used to it and love it. stihl heads are extremely resistant to tall grass getting wrapped around too - very nice feature

Tags
multi tools , recoomendations , sthil , trimmers