Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-24-2014, 03:33 PM
Grahamslawncare's Avatar
Grahamslawncare Grahamslawncare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: daytona beach, FL
Posts: 136
Flat Bed Body

How much does it roughly cost to put a flat bed body on a Dodge 1500?

I'm thinking Rancher Bodies Something like this. but with sides, and a back to it.

Like:


Kinda wondering what type of price something like this would go for.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-24-2014, 04:10 PM
Grahamslawncare's Avatar
Grahamslawncare Grahamslawncare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: daytona beach, FL
Posts: 136
Thinking of even building a wood one.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-24-2014, 04:37 PM
mowandblow1980 mowandblow1980 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dingmans Ferry, Pa
Posts: 133
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ove+tail+truck This thread might help. If you type in dove tail truck in the search section theres quite a few threads. From what I've remember I want to say its around $3,000 to have one made but I'm sure someone with more info will chime in. I really like the idea of a smaller truck with a landscape bed on it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-24-2014, 07:47 PM
01thump 01thump is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: orlando
Posts: 190
400.00 Dollars hope this helps..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-24-2014, 07:51 PM
Grahamslawncare's Avatar
Grahamslawncare Grahamslawncare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: daytona beach, FL
Posts: 136
$400?
Just for a body or installation too?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-24-2014, 08:02 PM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 5,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowandblow1980 View Post
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ove+tail+truck This thread might help. If you type in dove tail truck in the search section theres quite a few threads. From what I've remember I want to say its around $3,000 to have one made but I'm sure someone with more info will chime in. I really like the idea of a smaller truck with a landscape bed on it.
$3000 for a srw flatbed is ridiculous. $3,000 for a larger truck with gate is better.

You can buy new ones for less than 1500 all day. Some as low as 900. Check craigslist
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-24-2014, 08:07 PM
01thump 01thump is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: orlando
Posts: 190
No that comes on a truck to already installed.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-24-2014, 08:16 PM
mowandblow1980 mowandblow1980 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dingmans Ferry, Pa
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
$3000 for a srw flatbed is ridiculous. $3,000 for a larger truck with gate is better.

You can buy new ones for less than 1500 all day. Some as low as 900. Check craigslist
Posted via Mobile Device
Sorry. I was thinking he wanted a gate and maybe the larger truck threads I've seen here. I did state I was sure someone with more knowledge would chime in
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-24-2014, 08:23 PM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 5,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowandblow1980 View Post
Sorry. I was thinking he wanted a gate and maybe the larger truck threads I've seen here. I did state I was sure someone with more knowledge would chime in
I didn't mean to jump on you if you thought that. Just had a lot of posts here lately where people put out bad information and defend like no other lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-24-2014, 08:31 PM
Grahamslawncare's Avatar
Grahamslawncare Grahamslawncare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: daytona beach, FL
Posts: 136
Okay, to specify better what I'm thinking about doing.
I have a Dodge Ram 1500 V8 5.9L 1/2 Ton Axle.
What I want is to remove my current stock truck bed, and put a landscaping bed on it. I really don't want a dove tail. Just a basic flat bed with side walls(like you find on trailers) and a trailer door on the back to load 1 mower, or gardening equipment onto the truck. Curious how much something like this would cost me. I want it similiar to the picture above. Practically the same exact thing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:54 PM.

Page generated in 0.06974 seconds with 9 queries