Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-26-2014, 02:52 AM
LawnSite Member

ISUZU NPR Dump Truck

I'm thinking about adding an Isuzu NPR Dump truck to my fleet. I'm a little gun shy about pulling the trigger. I bought an Isuzu Vanscaper last year and I doubled my customer base this year so the truck pays for itself. I'm thinking the same will happen when I buy the dump truck. I'm looking at a 2007 similar to the trucks they run with the 1-800-GOT JUNK body on it. The dump body is 10ft x 96W x 60H. Is this box too small? Anybody run one of these in a dump? The GVW is 14,500, I don't want to out grow the truck before I even get it.....any feedback wil be appreciated.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Isuzu Dump Truck

Well I took the leap off the edge. I will keep you posted on my experience.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:04 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Ok. I'm subscribed
Posts some pictures
Old 07-06-2014, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Member

We have run isuzu dump trucks similar to the one you described with out landscape contracting business for almost 30 years. Just recently we got a dump trailer, mainly due to the ability to haul more of a load. Our current isuzu is a 2005 NPR HD with the 14,500# GVWR. The box is slightly larger, I believe 14' overall length. With broken concrete or dirt, it can be easy to overload. Payload is probably about 5000# on our truck. It is probably a little more with a smaller box. However, even with the dump trailer that can haul twice that much, you can not beat the maneuverability and convenience of the Isuzu. We can always overload our trucks and trailers if we want to, but its incumbent on us to schedule trips such that we don't have to or can take multiple loads. I would use it and enjoy it.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm waiting for a picture. :-)
Old 07-13-2014, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Member

I just sold my UD 1400, 14' dump bed. Not always overweight but a lot of the time. It is a big box and a low payload. my new truck is Isuzu NRR 14' bed GVWR is 19500 and I am loving it, never a worry about over weight. Good luck with your decision either way they are great work trucks
Old 07-17-2014, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnthefurniture View Post
We have run isuzu dump trucks similar to the one you described with out landscape contracting business for almost 30 years. Just recently we got a dump trailer, mainly due to the ability to haul more of a load. Our current isuzu is a 2005 NPR HD with the 14,500# GVWR. The box is slightly larger, I believe 14' overall length. With broken concrete or dirt, it can be easy to overload. Payload is probably about 5000# on our truck. It is probably a little more with a smaller box. However, even with the dump trailer that can haul twice that much, you can not beat the maneuverability and convenience of the Isuzu. We can always overload our trucks and trailers if we want to, but its incumbent on us to schedule trips such that we don't have to or can take multiple loads. I would use it and enjoy it.
Thanks for the feedback, I have no doubt that I will love the truck. I own a 14 foot box and I love that truck more than I like my Nissan Titan. I'm just hoping I can make some money with the truck so that it will pay for itself.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwooddave View Post
I just sold my UD 1400, 14' dump bed. Not always overweight but a lot of the time. It is a big box and a low payload. my new truck is Isuzu NRR 14' bed GVWR is 19500 and I am loving it, never a worry about over weight. Good luck with your decision either way they are great work trucks
Yeah I wish this one had the higher payload. I'm planning on hauling mulch, tree branches, and grass clippings. When the grass slows down I was hoping to do some clean outs and haul junk to the dump.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I got an 07 crew cab with 14ft dump and love it!
Old 07-30-2014, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
I got an 07 crew cab with 14ft dump and love it!
Sounds sweet!
Posted via Mobile Device