Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 07-11-2014, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

A little advise to the poster. I have been a dealer for 7 years and carried many brands. I know for a fact anytime a lawyer is mentioned to a plant or factory they usually cut all ties/favors immediately and say "have at it". I have one guy that cussed a lady out at one of the mower plants and told them he would sue them over a tire going low and not being under warranty. To this day that customer recieves no warranty at all from the factory and they said never wanted to hear that name again. I was told with the contracts and lawyers they have, almost any item that goes out on a mower can be considered user negligence or a simple wear and tear item and in court can be shot down very easily by the vague warranty contracts they have. I know in most cases they dont, but in some rare cases they have been declined for everything.. you have to keep in mind everyone makes mistakes, hell my mechanic put the wrong set of blades on a mower the other day on a mower. Lady cussed all of us out, threw a fit, caused giant scene and said she would never trust our shop again..that day we serviced 30 mowers or so and the blades were simply in the wrong spot on the shelf.... ive seen transmission bolts not tightened and them falling off in the yard from the factory on a couple of different brands, motor mount bolts not tightned causing us hours of diagnoses trying to figure out why brand new machine runs crazy and has weird electrical problems from grounding, heck we even had guy in hugo buy brannd new chevy diesel and motor and trany somehow fell out of truck coming home from the dealership...stuff happens. I would first and foremost let the dealer know yoh even have an issue with your mower and they will simply set it up properly for you, they simply mighta forgot during a crazy day....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-12-2014, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Member

It takes enormous patience and tolerance to be in the service business. Most of us posting on a forum like this know that, because we have to live it every day.

So here's a guy who's deck height needs to be adjusted, and he wants to know who to kick because of the blatant disregard for his safety, and he's going to send his "LawShark."

Kudos to hustlermidwest for demonstrating the patience and professionalism it sadly seems to require to thrive in the service world. Thank you, and please keep up the good work you do here. We do appreciate it (most of us, I'm confident).
Old 07-26-2014, 07:57 PM
Sponsor

Brings us back to square 1, Our dealers are required to set up and adjust all equipment prior to delivery to the end user. If the unit should fall out of adjustment do to Hustler's fault we will pay the dealer to re adjust. I suggest to reach out to the dealer and have them make it right. I'm sure they want to make things right.

Brian O
Old 07-27-2014, 02:46 AM
LawnSite Member

The dealer had his chance to set this machine up prior to delivery, and chose not to. I wouldn't be here if that were what I call a feasible option. I'm pretty sure you have my contact info via this site. I'd suggest contacting me away from this circus so we can discuss details of what to do with this situation.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:25 AM
Sponsor

I am on vacation, I will attempt to have the dealer call you.

Brian )
Old 07-27-2014, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Good grief.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:01 AM
Sponsor

Don't like to mow,
I just got confirmation that the dealer you bought the unit from had not heard from you about the issues. He will be calling you today to pick up your unit and make it right.
I'm going back fishing...

Brian O
Old 07-28-2014, 09:04 PM
Sponsor

Don't like to mow,
It is my understanding that the dealer you bought the unit from attempted to call you around 11.30am today and left message for you to call back to make arrangements for him to pick up your unit and make it right. I will give the dealer the allowance to repair it on site if he wishes.
Please return his call in order to have your deck looked at.
I'm going to drown some more worms....

Brian O
Old 08-25-2014, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Member

I believe I already said what I feel about this solution

"The dealer had his chance to set this machine up prior to delivery, and chose not to. I wouldn't be here if that were what I call a feasible option. I'm pretty sure you have my contact info via this site. I'd suggest contacting me away from this circus so we can discuss details of what to do with this situation."

I only have 2 solutions, and number one is starting to look like the best one.

1) Either Hustler or the dealer buy this stinker back from me for exactly what I have paid for it, then anyone can come pick it up, and I don't much care where you put it them. That would be a CASH only deal.

2) Or a real Hustler dealer, definitely not the dealer in question, picks this up, and goes over it from top to bottom, sets it up perfectly, and brings it back to me. I care little if Hustler, or this original excuse for a dealer pays the bill. It certainly won't be me.

I have no belief that this poor excuse for a dealer, that Hustler has selling their equipment is willing to what is required now. If he is, why didn't he do anything in the first place. He has lost my faith that he can do what is necessary to make this machine right.

I have been very lax about pursuing this entire situation, and that is going to end today. Let's say 8/29/14, or sooner, as a date you jump off of this thread you are hiding behind, and contact me so a resolution can be made. If not, I'm going to start using all of the reporting agencies I can to file complaints against both you and this worthless dealer.

Have a great day.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Really?
I guess we all need hobbies. I don't think of this site as a circus. I enjoy the discussion that make sense here. Hustler has always been up front and honest even if it hurt. Your demands are unwarranted.

TTGS