Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-03-2014, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
Wow that is a lot of Dollar General's in one area!
We have like one in a 50 mile radius.
Did you do a ton of driving?
I should have mentioned this too. Speaking of "a lot of DG's in AL", I live on a small road that runs paralell to I65 and barely within view of I65.

If I go 2 miles north on my road there's a DG there. If I go 2 miles south on my road there's a DG there too!

There's also a 3rd DG about 2 miles west of the DG that is south of my house. No shortage of DG's here for sure!
Old 07-07-2014, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloscaperman View Post
Can't see the pictures Nicky, I have a ban on photo's on this site since I posted a pic of my girlfriend cleaning my mower with short shorts like 5 years ago. Be strong man I didn't walk for 7 months do light work for a while and test your body in baby steps doing light work. Feel better! I have the rod installed in my femur, they were going to remove the leg since it crushed in millions of pieces from a bike accident.
We think you should try posting the picture again to see if you are still banned
Old 07-07-2014, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Big Nicky, went through the exact same thing 13 years ago. It'll get better, Took me about 5 - 6 months. Door jamb came back on my knee and pushed thigh bone back through the socket. Thirteen years later I'm doing ok. Still able to push a mower.

Regards, Kevin
Old 07-08-2014, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I have a ban on photo's on this site since I posted a pic of my girlfriend cleaning my mower with short shorts like 5 years ago.
Seriously?

That's too funny-try posting a current pic if you still have the same girlfriend! lol
Old 07-08-2014, 02:13 PM
Moderator, Online Communities

Quote:
Can't see the pictures Nicky, I have a ban on photo's on this site since I posted a pic of my girlfriend cleaning my mower with short shorts like 5 years ago. Be strong man I didn't walk for 7 months do light work for a while and test your body in baby steps doing light work. Feel better! I have the rod installed in my femur, they were going to remove the leg since it crushed in millions of pieces from a bike accident.
what are you referring to? I don't recall you ever receiving a ban from viewing or posting pictures here. just to make sure, I double checked your account and when checking into your account, I see that you need to update your email address as your email is bouncing emails sent by the site. so, when you come to the site you are notified of needing to update your email and then you need to contact me after you update so we do so on our end

ultimately, if you do need to update your email you are not able to view attachments until updated and that is what the problems appears to be for you guys

Old 07-08-2014, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I lost a $2k/month accnt last week. So for June we lost close to $3500/month in accnts. I'm feeling it bad. I'm at the point of going back to the fire dept full time and cut grass/bushhogg on my days off.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-08-2014, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
I lost a $2k/month accnt last week. So for June we lost close to $3500/month in accnts. I'm feeling it bad. I'm at the point of going back to the fire dept full time and cut grass/bushhogg on my days off.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yea losing accounts is no fun, just keep your head up and move forward. Cant hold on to accounts forever, sucks to lose them though i know how your feeling.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-08-2014, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Why did you lose the accounts?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-08-2014, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

my tip is to know when to say 'no' as in 'no, thats beyond my expertise' or 'no'(i cant handle the workload of this project right now, if youre willing to wait a month or so, i can do it'
another tip, dont let the client dictate your price.
another one...mention that you have a 'minimum'...'my minimum to spray weeds is 30, or my minimum to fertilize is 30...minimum to cut is 20...maintain a minimum
I believe we should all work together collectively to raise our own prices. Only way to do this is to have a minimum
Old 07-08-2014, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditta&Sons View Post
my tip is to know when to say 'no' as in 'no, thats beyond my expertise' or 'no'(i cant handle the workload of this project right now, if youre willing to wait a month or so, i can do it'
another tip, dont let the client dictate your price.
another one...mention that you have a 'minimum'...'my minimum to spray weeds is 30, or my minimum to fertilize is 30...minimum to cut is 20...maintain a minimum
I believe we should all work together collectively to raise our own prices. Only way to do this is to have a minimum
But not a minimum $20 cut!