Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-07-2014, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Member

What are we missing??

My son works for a local company. They are growing each and every week. DOT work, church work, commercial work,schools etc. Seems every week he is telling my of some new work they picked up and I cant figure out where they are finding this new work. Another friend of mine owns a company an hr from me is always growing with tons of work. I just dont know where these guys are finding it.

We used to do new construction for builders. I worked 7 days a week for yrs. then I could take 2/3 days talking with builders and come away with a ton of work. Then the housing boom ended. Now we do maintence and fert.we get a rush of work Feb. Thru May then the phone dies.

I bid on some work and never get it. Some we are way high and most we are middle of the pack. Seems we are wasting tons of time bidding jobs someone else has locked up before we bid. Our local high school is building a sports complex and we want the maintenance on the feilds but I can not figure out where to bid. Im sure who ever has the contract to sod has it for a yr but couldnt figure out where to bid before hand. I need to know where to look to bid on all this work. Or how to get it. PM me if you dont want to share here.

Thanks for any info.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-07-2014, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

State rfp site
Posted via Mobile Device