Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-08-2014, 07:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-OS View Post
Why not use it all the time?
Because some yards I have will stripe good and customers would want it then I have other yards terrain is **** living up on mountains plus they only make those JD rollers for 54" and up.

I have country country yards, then I got some good resi's and would stripe those and all my commercial properties.

One of those things would be broke in no time, you run a MOD deck no rear anti-scalp wheel unless I looked Ridins pictures and missed it, my 7 Iron Pro has rear anti-scalp (middle rear)

The wobble wheel roller striper is the best and makes the best stripes of all and it can be adjustable for use and non use, also can make it yourself around $100 compared to paying almost $300-$400 for a JD roller bar fixed mount.

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 07-08-2014, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntide View Post
Because some yards I have will stripe good and customers would want it then I have other yards terrain is **** living up on mountains plus they only make those JD rollers for 54" and up.

I have country country yards, then I got some good resi's and would stripe those and all my commercial properties.

One of those things would be broke in no time, you run a MOD deck no rear anti-scalp wheel unless I looked Ridins pictures and missed it, my 7 Iron Pro has rear anti-scalp (middle rear)

The wobble wheel roller striper is the best and makes the best stripes of all and it can be adjustable for use and non use, also can make it yourself around $100 compared to paying almost $300-$400 for a JD roller bar fixed mount.
Ok gotcha. I have the Big league Lawns one. I bought it for my 48" walk behind but I have long legs and big feet. Kept stepping on it!

If you're worried about the durability of the JD roller, don't be. It's a beast. I cut fields with it, run over rocks, you name it. Had it for 3 years on both my JD zturns. Only had one issue with a bearing giving out because I never fixed the zirk tog grease it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-08-2014, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-OS View Post
Ok gotcha. I have the Big league Lawns one. I bought it for my 48" walk behind but I have long legs and big feet. Kept stepping on it!

If you're worried about the durability of the JD roller, don't be. It's a beast. I cut fields with it, run over rocks, you name it. Had it for 3 years on both my JD zturns. Only had one issue with a bearing giving out because I never fixed the zirk tog grease it.
Posted via Mobile Device
JD states they only make it for 54"s and up though for the roller.

Only thing compatible with my 48" is Rubber Flap Striping Kit for 48" Deck BTC10285 list for 419.44 WTF in one of their PDF's

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 07-08-2014, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntide View Post
JD states they only make it for 54"s and up though for the roller.

Only thing compatible with my 48" is Rubber Flap Striping Kit for 48" Deck BTC10285 list for 419.44 WTF in one of their PDF's
Yaaaa not surprised coming from John Deere
Posted via Mobile Device