Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-09-2014, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Toro 6000 kohler 34 EFI review

I bought this mower from Marshmallow on this site. Since I had already cut my lawn before I got it, I needed something to test it on. Of course my horse pasture and trails along with the fence lines would work.

First the Kohler 34 Efi runs smooth and has plenty of power. It does throw off some heat at you. After 5.5 hours of cutting clover, thick stemmed weeds and grass about eight inches tall I used about six gallons. The gph is unreal considering what I was cutting. Cheaper than using my 50 horse Yanmar tractor and bush hog or finish mower. I was only able to dog it a couple of time cutting two foot high weeds and grass and going up some very steep hills.

Second, the controls are great and the sticks are very sensitive. It almost controls itself. It is easy to tear up turf turning too quickly. The acceleration of this machine is exceptional and can be going full speed in a a very short time.

Third, it holds hills well. I cut a steep one and had to be careful as my front wheels were lifting. I was able to cut areas I could not get my tractor into.

Fourth the deck is stout. Of the hundred or so fence posts I cut I hit one. The deck took a little chunk out of it and that was it. The deck did not cut as well as I wanted but some of weeds were over two feet tall. Had to do some double cutting which is expected.

Fifth, the suspension seat on the Toro/Exmark is the best. The machine took a real pounding as my ground is pretty rough in places but I did not. I was going with a Ferris or Cheetah for this reason but the seat did well. I am glad it has a lifetime frame warranty because it was taking a beating at times.

Lastly, I'm hoping it will give a good finish cut on my lawn. We got rain last night so in a few days I will try it out.

I needed a mower that is farm tough and looked at all the major players. So far it has saved me time, fuel and cut fence lines I used to pay to have weed whacked.

I am going with my neighbor to pick up his new Scag Cheetah 921 kawi which I would of bought if I did not go with the Toro. I will see how they compare but so far I am very impressed with the Toro and its build quality.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Member

I was following that thread on the marketplace forum. Sounds like you got a heckuva deal on a great mower. It certainly looks tough as nails, and that motor should be a real workhorse but fuel efficient too. The mower should serve you well for many years. Congrats.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice mower! Does it have an air ride suspension under the seat?
Old 07-10-2014, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples View Post
Nice mower! Does it have an air ride suspension under the seat?
Thanks. No, but if look at Exmark's website you will see it a very well designed suspension seat.