Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-11-2014, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Scag swzu talk

Hello all, Just a quick opinion/review on the demo I tried out. 52" swzu SULKY EQUIPPED by my rep which you can see in the pics. They have sold multiple sulk equipped brand new. I don't know what to say to folks saying that will void the warranty?? rep saids it will absolutely not void the warranty and there are already 4 pre drilled holes and a sticker telling you where to install it....... Anyways, they installed the sulk high on the back of the frame and I didn't like the way it felt especially backing up. the reason they did that was they wanted the plate and wheels to be able to pivot under the arm when backing up. Makes since but was uncomfortable to me.

Okay so Ive been pissing and moaning about how idiotic it was for scag to not come out with this style mower without the v+ deck.... Well, boy was a wrong for thinking it wasn't going to compare!!!!!! Rep actually chatted with me a bit about this deck and what he told me was pretty cool. He basically said that this deck is built off the "shell" of a v+ deck and that they basically just quit building the v+ deck and box it off in the front!!! I was blown away the way the mower dispersed clippings!!!!! The discharge opening was HUGE just like a velocity.

Deck height adjustment was a homerun!!!!!!! exmark wake the hell up!!!!!

controls were awesome and smooth!!!!

Comparing my Viking hydro walk behind to this machine I will say I give the edge to the scag!!! Didn't think it would lean that way but it is what it is... I will be getting one next season. So glad my fleet will finally be completely orange!!!!!!!

Overall I say good job scag! You hit a home run all the way in my opinion!!!!!
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2014, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowcrazy View Post
Hello all, Just a quick opinion/review on the demo I tried out. 52" swzu SULKY EQUIPPED by my rep which you can see in the pics. They have sold multiple sulk equipped brand new. I don't know what to say to folks saying that will void the warranty?? rep saids it will absolutely not void the warranty and there are already 4 pre drilled holes and a sticker telling you where to install it....... Anyways, they installed the sulk high on the back of the frame and I didn't like the way it felt especially backing up. the reason they did that was they wanted the plate and wheels to be able to pivot under the arm when backing up. Makes since but was uncomfortable to me.

Okay so Ive been pissing and moaning about how idiotic it was for scag to not come out with this style mower without the v+ deck.... Well, boy was a wrong for thinking it wasn't going to compare!!!!!! Rep actually chatted with me a bit about this deck and what he told me was pretty cool. He basically said that this deck is built off the "shell" of a v+ deck and that they basically just quit building the v+ deck and box it off in the front!!! I was blown away the way the mower dispersed clippings!!!!! The discharge opening was HUGE just like a velocity.

Deck height adjustment was a homerun!!!!!!! exmark wake the hell up!!!!!

controls were awesome and smooth!!!!

Comparing my Viking hydro walk behind to this machine I will say I give the edge to the scag!!! Didn't think it would lean that way but it is what it is... I will be getting one next season. So glad my fleet will finally be completely orange!!!!!!!

Overall I say good job scag! You hit a home run all the way in my opinion!!!!!
By the way I forgot something...... The one thing that I have always felt SCAG was dropping the ball on is they always had big walk behinds with little skinny tires..... I always hated that..... Not on this machine!!!!! Its got huge rear tires..... Def will be better in spring time sloppy conditions!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-11-2014, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Member

FYI, might want to change this to the SWZT
Old 07-11-2014, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Woops!!!!! Aahhhh they will get it..... Lol thanks for the heads up!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-12-2014, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Did the rep say why they chose the Hydrogear ZT-2800s? That plus the small frame make me VERY skeptical about this mower.
2013 Exmark Commercial 21 X Series Kawasaki BBC
2012 Exmark Commercial 21 S Series
2013 Echo PAS-280
2013 Echo PB-770T