Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-13-2014, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Rip it up guys

Here is my site. I currently do not do any mowing as this is our first year and I wanted low overhead while building a client list through spraying and small landscape jobs. I do run analytics through Google but I am not sure what I am looking at.

www.LawnEnforcementNC.com
Old 07-13-2014, 03:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnEnforcementLandscape View Post
Here is my site. I currently do not do any mowing as this is our first year and I wanted low overhead while building a client list through spraying and small landscape jobs. I do run analytics through Google but I am not sure what I am looking at.

www.LawnEnforcementNC.com
What an original business name.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-13-2014, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Are you being sarcastic or is thata compliment? I do know of a couple companies in NC with the same name but they are not close to my area so they don't effect me. The name has been somewhat catchy from the reviews I get back from potential customers. I think it is better than blending into the crowd with a name such as "Joe's Lawn Care."
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-13-2014, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Member

If one of the other companys with that name already claimed it as llc or inc in your state then you will never be able to legally file as a llc or incorperate your company under that name.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Member

The only one that is llc is listed as Lawn Enforcement. Would I not be able to register the name as Lawn Enforcement Landscaping? They are different names in my eyes but are they in the eyes of the state?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-13-2014, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

with such a catchy name, id get it registered asap
Old 07-13-2014, 11:57 AM
LawnSite Member

I am currently looking at all the necessary paperwork for filing as an LLC. I am a Deputy Sheriff and I serve as a bailiff so I work with lots of attorneys and a few are clients. I am probably going to see if one of them will barter some legal work for lawn services. I want to lock in the name before someone else jumps on it in my area.

Anyone got any comments on the website? I made it in about an hour so I know it needs some work. I just don't know what I am doing really.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnEnforcementLandscape View Post
The only one that is llc is listed as Lawn Enforcement. Would I not be able to register the name as Lawn Enforcement Landscaping? They are different names in my eyes but are they in the eyes of the state?
Posted via Mobile Device
depends on the state. In AZ I wasn't allowed to register my pool business as Blue Oasis Pool Service because there was already an Oasis Pool Service. It's what, $25 to file for a fictitious name? Do it now before you get in any deeper in case you have to change.

As for the site, the grass background is incredibly distracting and affects readability.

The local weather box - how does that sell your services? I'd lose it.

What's that yellow chevron between the logo and the phone info at the top? It takes me to porch. Why are you sending me off site to this porch thing? Also, the chevron is sized wrong so there are scroll bars around it. Bizarre.

The about us says nothing and really does nothing to sell you or your work. What are you trying to achieve there?
Old 07-13-2014, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

"Lawn Enforcement", as a lawn service provider, was federally trademarked almost a decade ago. It all comes down to whether the owner wants to enforce it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperCutter View Post
As for the site, the grass background is incredibly distracting and affects readability.
Came here to say this. From page load, my eyes said, "No.". Especially when you combine it with some of the other visual elements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperCutter View Post
The local weather box - how does that sell your services? I'd lose it.
Exactly. It's a space-filler that serves no real purpose. People are not visiting your site for the weather and it creates an additional page load. The other, less subjective issue, is that the majority of them get blocked by some plugin or another, creating a broken image link.

I won't dig in to the technical and SEO issues because it's a Wix site and I gave up on that a long time ago. Yes, they've improved from being 100% useless, but the bigger issue is what you will discover when you decide to move your site. Everything you have will be gone. There is no export. There is no simply moving it elsewhere. You'll have to rebuild from scratch and do a load of 301 redirects from their naming conventions to yours.

As for everything else, you should probably read through previous site reviews and see what you could fix. You'll want to do the usual of reading Moz's SEO Guide for Beginners, optimize your TITLEs, etc. You have pretty much no localized content or tagging, so you need to really dig in to that aspect. If you haven't done so, you'll also want to hit getlisted.org and start claiming everything it tells you to. Yahoo/Bing/Google local pages, etc.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hover over the images as they are changing on the home page, you can see the "captions", here they are, each of them have issues...

"Upper Bed Beforeafter.jpg.jpg"
"landscape_1.jpg"
"DSC_0773.JPG"
"Driveway Before and After.jpg"
"Fertilzer Spreader"