Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-04-2014, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My pump has pooped

Bought a spray truck last year with a Hypro 1700C-R and Honda GX-160 engine. The pump is in the process of dying. I know I can rebuild the rollers and such, but it really needs replacing because cast isn't the right material for liquid fert anyway. So I'm looking for suggestions as to what to replace it with. I could go with another Hypro roller made with a different material but the cost increases a good bit and as far as I know, roller pumps are only good for 3-4 years. A D30 wouldn't be too much more expensive. What is the lifespan of a D30? Any recommendations?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-04-2014, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubba View Post
Bought a spray truck last year with a Hypro 1700C-R and Honda GX-160 engine. The pump is in the process of dying. I know I can rebuild the rollers and such, but it really needs replacing because cast isn't the right material for liquid fert anyway. So I'm looking for suggestions as to what to replace it with. I could go with another Hypro roller made with a different material but the cost increases a good bit and as far as I know, roller pumps are only good for 3-4 years. A D30 wouldn't be too much more expensive. What is the lifespan of a D30? Any recommendations?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi Fubba.

D-30 is a VERY reliable pump, easy to maintain and you can run it dry, use wettable powders and abrasive mixes as well with confidence.

The Link provided is a great deal and will bolt up to your Honda GX-160.

I change the Diaphragms and the pressure regulator "relief valve seat" (looks like a small hockey puck) annually. You will change the oil as well at this time.

I had one with over 20 years of trouble free service. You won't be disappointed.

http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/Product.asp?PG=95

(9910-D30GRGI) Hypro D30 with Gear Reduction and Regulator (Free Shipping)