Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-21-2014, 11:26 AM
Mark Oomkes Mark Oomkes is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 7,372
Wanna sell it?

First of all, generally, if the HPOP fails, it fails. There is no middle ground.

Second, start simple. Have you had the Crank Position Sensor replaced?

Then check the wiring harnesses under the head covers, after a long time the plastic gets brittle and will cause issues.

CEL should have a code stored as stated.
__________________
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman

I like my guns like Obama likes his voters: Undocumented

Criminals obey gun laws like politicians follow their oaths of office
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-21-2014, 11:32 AM
dieselss dieselss is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: highland in
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowleak1 View Post
Oil is good, otherwise it wouldnt run at all, since it uses oil to fire the injectors.
Really. Wanna wager something on that statement
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-21-2014, 11:40 AM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 5,520
Yeah checking oil would tell you if you have a stuck open injector sometimes
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-21-2014, 11:57 AM
slowleak1 slowleak1 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: harvey LA
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselss View Post
Really. Wanna wager something on that statement
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Yeah checking oil would tell you if you have a stuck open injector sometimes
Posted via Mobile Device
Y'all can't be serious, right?

I knew it would only be a matter of minutes before the experts showed up
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-21-2014, 12:14 PM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 5,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowleak1 View Post
Y'all can't be serious, right?

I knew it would only be a matter of minutes before the experts showed up
I only worked on them for a living.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-21-2014, 12:16 PM
slowleak1 slowleak1 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: harvey LA
Posts: 530
Well then you should be well versed on why checking your oil will tell you if you have a hung injector
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-21-2014, 12:24 PM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 5,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowleak1 View Post
Well then you should be well versed on why checking your oil will tell you if you have a hung injector
Where do you think the excessive fuel magically disappears to? Lol.

Checking oil in a diesel when you're having issues can tell you a lot of things. Head gaskets, injectors, containments etc

Id go get codes scan before anything else.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-21-2014, 12:29 PM
slowleak1 slowleak1 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: harvey LA
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Where do you think the excessive fuel magically disappears to? Lol.

Checking oil in a diesel when you're having issues can tell you a lot of things. Head gaskets, injectors, containments etc

Id go get codes scan before anything else.
Posted via Mobile Device
It burns off, obviously.

This is all beside the point though, because he OBVIOUSLY does NOT have a hung injector. You in all of your infinite wisdom should know this since you work on them for a living.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-21-2014, 12:30 PM
dieselss dieselss is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: highland in
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowleak1 View Post
Y'all can't be serious, right?

I knew it would only be a matter of minutes before the experts showed up
I dabbled in them for a few years as well. And I can tell you first hand that driving low on oil is possible
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-21-2014, 12:33 PM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 5,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowleak1 View Post
It burns off, obviously.

This is all beside the point though, because he OBVIOUSLY does NOT have a hung injector. You in all of your infinite wisdom should know this since you work on them for a living.
Everything is beside the point until he gets codes
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:15 AM.

Page generated in 0.07244 seconds with 8 queries