Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 07-22-2014, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Help with Super Z clutch

Hello,

I have a super Z with 25hp kawasaki and need to purchase a new clutch. I see several part numbers available and am unsure which one I need to buy.

The main issue I see is some of the part numbers listed for my model will be different direction of rotation. Some clockwise, and others counter-clockwise.

My pto turns counter-clockwise and my original clutch was mounted with the pulley toward the engine. Is this the normal moutning style for a Hustler ZTR? If I purchased a clockwise clutch(such as 601311 listed on this forum as the replacement for 787366 per pj) it would seem I would need to mount it with the pulley away from the engine. Would this be correct?

Thanks for any help provided.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:06 PM
Sponsor

For me to have any idea of what machine you have I need the model and serial number.

Brian O
Old 07-22-2014, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you for the reply. Model # 927889, serial #06071549.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:58 AM
Sponsor

clutch change

Back in 07 we made some changes on your clutch and how it's mounted to give it longer life. Please find attached the service bull on what you'll need.

Brian O
Attached Images
File Type: pdf xsb450 clutch.pdf (38.8 KB, 23 views)
Old 07-23-2014, 12:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Brian,

Thank you again for the reply. That was most helpful.

Could you be able to tell me if the new 601311 mounts with the pulley away from the motor or towards it as was my old clutch? My original had the id sticker visible, and from the bulliten picture with the sticker on the pulley, and the many online references to 601311 being a clockwise pulley this leads me to think this may be the case?

Appreciate all the time and hard work you put in for this forum.

Regards,
Old 08-12-2014, 12:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Just an update.

Purchased the new clutch. It was same as the old clutch in construction so I am not sure why it is listed differently per direction of rotaion vs the old model number. Clutch works great now.

I also ordered a new clutch anchor and two rubber bumpers. I do not know if this was a defect or not but when the two rubber pads were applied the anchor would not fit into the slot in the clutch. I could have forced it in there but everything I've read stated that the clutch needs a small airgap for movement. I was able to fit one rubber pad but after checking it was already worn through after first mowing session . Oh well.

Thanks for the help provided. I am grateful for the information located here.