Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-18-2014, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLight View Post
Any insight on how the volt line will operate? So far all the strip/ribbon lights I have seen have very limited distance runs (15-18 feet) before you have to run a secondary driver. They all seem to have an ac/dc converting driver which is fairly cumbersome that is only good for a limited distance. Im looking at some elevated open air pergola like applications that will have distances of anywhere from 50-100 feet. Running multiple wires is an option I suppose, but I would prefer not if another option is on the table.
I could be wrong, but you shouldn't need multiple drivers.... only multiple runs from the driver providing that the rectifier is large enough to handle the total load. As with most strip/tape/channel lighting, the wire is very small which creates too much resistance/heat. This is why the runs are limited.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting View Post
Hopefully it will be under the new pro grade trade name and not available online to the public at direct to trade prices.

Hey Tim, are you planning on posting your 'letter to the trades' here that explains your relationship with Alan B. And VOLT lighting? It might be worthwhile considering...
Posted via Mobile Device
Tim,
Please don't respond to this nonsense. Whatever you do/did/will do is your business and this rudeness and blatant display of disrespect for a fellow contractor is uncalled for, nor is it necessary. Furthermore, it will open up dialogue in which I will inevitably become involved in just because it simply pisses me off and I will certainly regret it.

Thanks in advance for helping me out.