Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-28-2014, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locqus View Post
I love the variety of answers ranging from try to comply to their wishes and mind your P's and Q's to lifting up your shirt and show them the piece you carry and to &()$* off lol.
It's because I think all of us have dealt with this from time to time, and some of us have less tolerance of it than others. The closest I've ever come to knocking someone's teeth out was a beligerant red neck idiot neighbor of one of my first customers. He knows better than to mess with me now, after I tried to be nice, and he repeatedly berrated me with swearing and obnoxious behavior. Finally I chewed him out and that was it. I would never want to mow that degenerate's lawn, so why be nice at that point.

I told this story in a thread once, and had "a newbie or general moron" say " I would have tried to make Nice and left him a 10% off coupon" I couldn't believe it. People actually willing to reward someone for being an a hole.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-28-2014, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Member

theres one lady i mow for who dropped the previous guy because he didnt pull up the weeds by hand by the roof drain and around the airconditioner. she just had a storm shelter put in and the dirt was barely washing down onto the ground from the sides of the mound and she had me rake it back up to the top for 20$.

i always have her check the yard before im done so she doesnt drop me like the last guy and she always finds a few blades of grass for me to weedeat. she obviously getting in her older years. her husband is on oxygen. so to answer your question i try a little bit to make people happy but when she paid me extra to shovel bags of dirt over the fence the second time i almost told her it was a waste of time.

the second time her brick walkway got settled in a slight bit and a couple of the bricks were sticking up a little bit and she had me pull them up and put more dirt down from her neighbors. i could kinda see how she might trip on it but seriously how often is she gonna walk up to her storm shelter when tornado season is over.