Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-28-2014, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Member

your flyer campaign results and newspaper results

i did some extensive searching on this site but none of the threads i brought up showed everyones flyer campaign results so i figured id make a thread. im just wondering if i will be able to make 2000-3000$ a month next year if i really flyer hard every day i only make 850$ a month now but i only started mowing a month ago and i only passed out 240 flyers and left my ad on craigslist for a few days.

my question to you all is how many flyers do you all put out door to door and how many yards do you all got get from those flyers. also how fast do you get them. i saw one guy who said he passed out 5000 and got 30 yards in a couple months. another guy stated he got 60 yards in 3 months. those were the only two real solid examples i got from searching and i was just wondering what everyone else gets.

also anyone had any luck from newspaper ads. i make enough now to run an ad every week but i dont want to do it unless ill at least get 3 new accounts each week. my ads run 125$ for 4 days.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carltonbell1991 View Post
i did some extensive searching on this site but none of the threads i brought up showed everyones flyer campaign results so i figured id make a thread. im just wondering if i will be able to make 2000-3000$ a month next year if i really flyer hard every day i only make 850$ a month now but i only started mowing a month ago and i only passed out 240 flyers and left my ad on craigslist for a few days.

my question to you all is how many flyers do you all put out door to door and how many yards do you all got get from those flyers. also how fast do you get them. i saw one guy who said he passed out 5000 and got 30 yards in a couple months. another guy stated he got 60 yards in 3 months. those were the only two real solid examples i got from searching and i was just wondering what everyone else gets.

also anyone had any luck from newspaper ads. i make enough now to run an ad every week but i dont want to do it unless ill at least get 3 new accounts each week. my ads run 125$ for 4 days.
You have to spend money to make money. But think about it before you spend it on a newspaper ad...because it's 2014. There are better areas you could spend that money, like on a website.

Flyer rates will always be out of whack. It all depends what people put on their flyers, or if some company designed them for the LCO. There are far too many options for flyers to compare response rates. Something that worked for me was testing different flyers to see what worked the best, then hand out a whole bunch of them.

There is no magical solution for advertising...the whole point is to get your name out there any way you can. Websites, flyers, t shirts, EDDM, radio, whatever you can.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Websites... door to door.. word of mouth.. facebook... Best places to advertise IMO!