Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Using SEO to improve online lead generation

Looking to see who has had experience; both good and/or bad when it comes to employing search engine optimization to generate leads and land jobs from your company's website. This seems like a great way to get your name out there constantly year round without spending the equivalent of what it would be to do the same with flyers or other methods. Furthermore, it looks like a great way to continue to get work in the middle of the season when things tend to die down until fall. Please let me know your input on this only if you have experience with this. I am not looking for wild statements from someone who's biggest concern is talking about which mower is the best.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I will chime in and hopefully the mods will move this to the website subforum.

SEO is a great way to generate leads, especially in a market the size of yours. And, after a 3 minute check, I would guess it wouldn't be too difficult to get to page 1.

Since I started really getting into SEO about 2 years ago we have transitioned from a word of mouth only company to one that gets about 75% of our business from our website. And we have grown from about $250K to over $800K this year. Some of that is due to the economy rebounding- but a lot is our online marketing efforts.

Head over to the website subforum and start reading and asking questions!
Old 07-29-2014, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the heads up! Your response and business growth is exactly why I want to expand/ or at least look into this marketing method. I didn't notice that there was a website forum....

MODS PLEASE MOVE TO WEBSITE FORUM
Old 07-29-2014, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Member

I have had good results. I don't know much of anything about SEO, but I read up on here and got some good tips. The web hosting company I use also gives advice from time to time.

I also use google adwords and that has been great. I know whenever I am looking for a service/product the first thing I do is google it. Internet presence is pretty important nowadays
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-30-2014, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The use of my website and getting it to come up in searches is what allowed me to go FT this year, by far the best thing I have done. Best part is you can design your website to appeal to the type of customers or services you want.

All that being said it was very easy to get my site to rank at the top or near the top as there is very little web presence. Many of the bigger companies on my area are so established I'm guessing they don't care about it.

Tonythegreek and several others in the website forum were a huge help.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-30-2014, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I know of someone that is good with that stuff. If anyone is interested, pm me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-30-2014, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderhoff Landscaping View Post
I know of someone that is good with that stuff. If anyone is interested, pm me.
Posted via Mobile Device
My apologies if this comes off as harsh, Vanderhoff, but I think you're really premature in recommending your guy. Your site has almost no SEO (which this thread is about) and your guy does seem to think the Meta Keywords tag is something that needed effort put towards, while ignoring the supremely important Title tag. The keyword tag haven't been used in at least 10 years.

The site does look much better, today. But, the SEO is not on the right track yet.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Barrett, I know your particular market inside and out. Feel free to fire away. A bit of background and what services your company would like to grow would be of help. As Headz points out, some keywords aren't terribly difficult to rank in the Cincy metro, while others are. The real battle isn't so much Cincy, but every chunk that comprises the I-75 corridor.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Tony, Thanks for the advice thus far! My company is a full service design, install, and maintain company that generally speaking has its hands in all aspects of the industry (if not directly then through the use of subs). My main target area would be east cincy. I plan on having a web company do the SEO for me rather than myself as I believe I will have much better results as well as be best spending my time doing what I know best. What do you think is a reasonable monthyl SEO price for a company that comes highly spoken of from my web design guy and knows the industry inside and out?
Old 08-02-2014, 08:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone?????
Posted via Mobile Device
Closed Thread