Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett Landscaping View Post
Gotcha. We do that to an extent already with our uniforms and post card mailers but definitely see more ways to put it to use. Funny you mention the lettering on my trucks. Believe it or not I have gotten countless compliments on their appearance and lettering layout. I guess people like the simplicity of.it.

More in line I met today with a company that specializes in every aspect of marketing for an overall marketing plan strategy. Pretty interested in hearing what they have to offer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Just keep in mind that just because people like something that looks like what they've always seen, doesn't mean they won't like something different. And they'll remember different.

I realize a lot has probably changed in the 15 +/- years since I worked in the Cinci area, but there really wasn't anyone who stood out from the pack. I think you have a cool opportunity.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for all of the info and ideas so far guys! There is for sure a lot to ponder and take into consideration.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Member

This is completely unrelated to the thread but I had a question for Barrett as I read a previous thread but now I can't find it. I recall you started a company at age 15. At what point did You get insured and licensed? Also did you report your income for taxes?
Old 08-06-2014, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I started paying taxes when I was 15 and once I was 18 I registered it officially and became insured and got worker's comp
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-19-2014, 02:15 AM
LawnSite Member

What did you end up paying your seo guy? Just curious. Have been looking into this myself.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC7 View Post
What did you end up paying your seo guy? Just curious. Have been looking into this myself.
Aren't you an SEO?
Old 08-19-2014, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
Aren't you an SEO?
Yes. SEO is part of my expertise, but I don't really offer it as a service within my marketing company; and I've never worked with an LCO. So I really don't even know what "seo" guys would charge in this industry - that's why I was asking, since each niche can be different in terms of pricing.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have ended up going with the guy who has done my online work in the past and who will be overhauling my site to make it more friendly as well as updated with new content. At the end of the day he was wayyy cheaper that the other guys at $300 a month. I know he does good work as I have had great success using him in the past.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett Landscaping View Post
I have ended up going with the guy who has done my online work in the past and who will be overhauling my site to make it more friendly as well as updated with new content. At the end of the day he was wayyy cheaper that the other guys at $300 a month. I know he does good work as I have had great success using him in the past.
$300/mo is a literal steal. It costs that much just to buy the domain names for a solid private blog network.

Hopefully he can get you good results.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC7 View Post
$300/mo is a literal steal. It costs that much just to buy the domain names for a solid private blog network.

Hopefully he can get you good results.
I thought you had no idea what an seo guy would charge in this industry. How do you know it's a steal?
Posted via Mobile Device
Closed Thread