Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-01-2014, 05:05 PM
caseysmowing caseysmowing is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staunton VA
Posts: 1,547
BTW $ 200 a week even for a family is high. I have very good insurance and I pay 110 a month for myself. Family would be $250 or so.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-01-2014, 05:12 PM
larryinalabama larryinalabama is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ragland Al
Posts: 11,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseysmowing View Post
BTW $ 200 a week even for a family is high. I have very good insurance and I pay 110 a month for myself. Family would be $250 or so.
Posted via Mobile Device
It will be atleast 100$ per week. I just posted some insurance quotes the wiffy can get for under 500$ per month.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-01-2014, 07:05 PM
caseysmowing caseysmowing is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staunton VA
Posts: 1,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
It will be atleast 100$ per week. I just posted some insurance quotes the wiffy can get for under 500$ per month.
Correct. More more than likely.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-01-2014, 07:08 PM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 5,511
Found out my old job stands. Management is the same and he said he would match my old pay. Then a dollar for each extra cert and 5 for state inspection license.

That's almost 40 an hour
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-01-2014, 07:15 PM
larryinalabama larryinalabama is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ragland Al
Posts: 11,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Found out my old job stands. Management is the same and he said he would match my old pay. Then a dollar for each extra cert and 5 for state inspection license.

That's almost 40 an hour
Posted via Mobile Device
Problem is the auto repair industry is also slow in the winter.

You gotta do what you gotta do,
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Marek Marek is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,327
Is that for Koons ?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-01-2014, 07:19 PM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 5,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
Is that for Koons ?
No national chain. I may look at koons they're supposed to be good place to work
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-02-2014, 05:34 PM
larryinalabama larryinalabama is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ragland Al
Posts: 11,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
No national chain. I may look at koons they're supposed to be good place to work
Posted via Mobile Device
You going to be sitting at the Dealer at Christmas time playing cards with the other wrenches, making nothing and not being able too go home.

Can you run one truck with a helper and turn 1250$ per week, and you other truck turn 250$ per week, both after expenses?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-02-2014, 10:11 PM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 5,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
You going to be sitting at the Dealer at Christmas time playing cards with the other wrenches, making nothing and not being able too go home.

Can you run one truck with a helper and turn 1250$ per week, and you other truck turn 250$ per week, both after expenses?
That's something to think about as well. 2 years ago I was turning that per day, offering a niche service. But it wore me out

As of right now the plan is to have the gf running mulch deliveries. Well have to see where maintenance goes next year
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-02-2014, 10:18 PM
larryinalabama larryinalabama is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ragland Al
Posts: 11,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
That's something to think about as well. 2 years ago I was turning that per day, offering a niche service. But it wore me out

As of right now the plan is to have the gf running mulch deliveries. Well have to see where maintenance goes next year
Posted via Mobile Device
I see a lot of players in my aera dropping out this year, Im actually excited about next year, may even go the helper route. Just got to survive the winter.

At 25 nothing should wear you out
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 AM.

Page generated in 0.06769 seconds with 7 queries