Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-19-2014, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Member

For Sale 8' EZ Dump Insert

I have an 8' EZ Dump Bed Insert for sale.
I bought it this spring and we used it mainly for dumping grass when we were bagging heavy and moved some dirt with it a couple times. It is in like new condition and I am selling it because I think its too heavy for the truck its on. We us it on our mow truck which is a Ford F250, & between that and the enclosed trailer it just squats way too much. It squats without the trailer but with the trailer its just too much. That and the truck is in shop for tranny work now too.$ So I am thinking its just too heavy for what we are using it for. We have a dump trailer that does most of our hauling and dumping and the insert basically just rides around these days. Goal was to buy a 1 ton and put it on that but financially not happening right now.

So long story short. 8' EZ DUMP INSERT (with cab protector & remote) cost me $3850 this spring. I would like to sell it for $3k. Comes with all wiring that it came with. We can load with skid steer. If you have ideas to where I can beef up the current truck to handle it better, let me know. Its a 2004 5.4L reg cab . Let me know if interested, Thanks!

Will post pics after truck is back from shop.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Trans cooler and some airbag helpers in the rear. I have bags on my 99 and you can completely eliminate squat in most cases without sacrificing ride quality. Mine don't even have the air pump and gauge, just schrader valves by the license plate on rear bumper. Bags are way better than helper springs, in my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-21-2014, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks! I thought about bags. I have never put them on before and my concern is, this truck is getting up there mileage wise. Is it worth it to put them on at this point? Im not sure how labor intensive it is or the cost involved. I dont want to dump more money in this truck. I want it to pull a trailer and push snow. My tires sag too with the weight and they are just under full pressure. They were new tires last spring so they shouldnt be toast yet but who knows. Still for sale. Still open to suggestions!
THANKS!!
Old 08-24-2014, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I second the bags. I got the firestone bags for my 97 2500 dodge. I am not too mechanicaly inclined and I did it in a few hours. Bags were around 300 if i remember, a lot cheaper than a new truck.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply! It's still for sale but I will look into bags now. I thought it would be much more $ than that. Thanks!
Old 08-28-2014, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Here are pics as promised.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dump1.jpg (40.9 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg dump 2.jpg (55.4 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg dump 3.jpg (63.0 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg dump 4.jpg (60.7 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg dump 5.jpg (65.3 KB, 72 views)
Old 08-28-2014, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

we are in same boat