Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-22-2014, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Have you ever paid to "boost" your Facebook Posts?

How many people have paid to "boost" their facebook posts?

We all know now facebook doesn't show all your posts to all your fans and if you really want most/all to see you have to pay for that. I get it, but don't have to like it. Facebook is constantly tweaking the feed algorithm to make it more relevant and of course increase revenue.

Last weekend I did an experiment and spent $19. I was promoting our measureit tool. I reached 2,088 people paid and another 500 organic. 37 people clicked the photo, 51 people clicked to the website 29 people liked the page and 16 people shared. I thought that was pretty good results for the money.

ScreenShot

Old 08-22-2014, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That's pretty impressive. I've boosted several posts and been underwhelmed every time. A handful of likes, no shares, and really pretty much zero engagement. I was bummed out.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Member

PaperCutter, I was surprised myself. I think the content has to be pretty interesting, in this case our measure tool happens to be. I'm running another with more traditional facebook and I'll probably be more disappointed. I do know it almost always has to include a picture to get any engagement.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Who do these post show to? Do they show up in random peoples news feeds that fit the qualifications you set? What is the cost based on? Do they charge per click or per view?
Old 08-23-2014, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Depends on what you want Cedar. You set the budget and you set how you want to target. I think the most effective is to boost a post to your followers and their friends. Then you get "Phil likes ServiceVines" to imply that you should too.

Or You can do demographic targeting based on age,sex, location etc. How much it costs depends on how interesting your update is. If NO ONE is clicking on it it's going to cost a lot "per impression" If however you have people liking and sharing the cost goes down. It's kind of a black box. However you set the budget and so you can test for as little as $5, if it's performing well you can keep adding dollars to it.

Here is an example of what you see when you push "boost post"

Old 08-23-2014, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Member

and just to let you know what works best it to just drive likes to your facebook page, but that's playing real long ball because if they like your page that doesn't make them your lawn care customer, but it might SOMEDAY.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Pay to increase the fb likes on your website is worth it. To your fb page.. Waste.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-23-2014, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptjackson View Post
PaperCutter, I was surprised myself. I think the content has to be pretty interesting,
could you FEEL me flipping you off, all the way over here in VA? lol
Old 08-23-2014, 12:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC7 View Post
Pay to increase the fb likes on your website is worth it. To your fb page.. Waste.
Posted via Mobile Device
can you explain what you mean? Because I'm not following what you're trying to say there
Old 08-23-2014, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperCutter View Post
can you explain what you mean? Because I'm not following what you're trying to say there
Yeah. You can get a snippet of code from facebook and place it on your website so that people can click "like".

When they click like on your website it doesn't necessarily mean they have become a follower of your fb page:

I have the code on my site here:

http://thelawnboy.net/natchez-lawn/

Its just above the content. If a person would pay to increase likes to a page like this it would help in your search rankings.

Buying fb likes to a fb business page wouldn't really do any thing other than show social proof if you have a lot of visitors to you fb page
Posted via Mobile Device