Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-23-2014, 01:29 PM
LawnSite Member

And as far as paying for a "boost" for a fb post... I doubt it would help increase calls unless the post offers some sort of special
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-23-2014, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC7 View Post
And as far as paying for a "boost" for a fb post... I doubt it would help increase calls unless the post offers some sort of special
Posted via Mobile Device
I would think most view getting someone to like your FB page as permission marketing and the first step in getting them in the sales funnel, not like mailing a postcard. Granted, with FB choking down the # of people who see your posts as much as they have, maybe not so much. It's part of my disillusionment with FB, because I've always worked hard to push quality content.

I've seen conflicting info on whether webpage-based likes move the needle much on search. Curious what other people's experiences have been with that.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

im not going to waste my money on facebook likes. i try to post relevant information about lawn care and landscaping. its just a page where potential clients can see some work i do, it comes up in a google search for local lawn care or landscaping
Old 08-23-2014, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperCutter View Post
I would think most view getting someone to like your FB page as permission marketing and the first step in getting them in the sales funnel, not like mailing a postcard. Granted, with FB choking down the # of people who see your posts as much as they have, maybe not so much. It's part of my disillusionment with FB, because I've always worked hard to push quality content.

I've seen conflicting info on whether webpage-based likes move the needle much on search. Curious what other people's experiences have been with that.
By themselves they really won't move the needle. But if they're combined and timed along with social bookmarkings & alexa boosts , a very noticeable increase can be seen.. at least in my experience.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-23-2014, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Member

This is a bit old so things could have changed but Likes on a webpage don't have an impact on SEO (search rankings). http://searchenginewatch.com/article...Rankings-Study

I think Papercutter has the right idea but it's like when people talk about flyers, or doorhangers or any other kind of marketers, different marketing channels work for some and not others. I know that there's a local design build company I've seen get a lot of organic facebook traffic (likes and shares without paying) but it's VERY high end builds and I think that they have both a person who facebook is part of their job AND some of the photos look professional quality so if they aren't hiring someone at a min they are using high end photography equipment.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Tonys going to love this thread. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-23-2014, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Tonys going to love this thread. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Lol. Blackhat marketing
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-23-2014, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC7 View Post
Lol. Blackhat marketing
Posted via Mobile Device
You Laugh. The mans a walking genius. If you stop arguing with him you might learn something.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-23-2014, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
You Laugh. The mans a walking genius. If you stop arguing with him you might learn something.
Posted via Mobile Device
Lol. Haven't disagreed with him yet. Seems he disagrees with something about me though. Not sure why. Maybe he'll chime in ?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-23-2014, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Yl The mans a walking genius.
Posted via Mobile Device
This belief is whats so entertaining. :-/
Posted via Mobile Device