Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-01-2014, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

kaw fh480v ds-20 valve adjust locking nut

little stumped here on this, could use some help. this is my first time working on a twin cycle. that said here where i'm at. looking at an manual on the web i'm seeing something about loosening the lock nut, then tightening the adjustment nut. looking at this engine here, looks like there is just one bolt and checking out the parts breakdown some kind of screw (set screw idk). hopefully i could sucessfully c and p the parts breakdown. so wondering do need to mess with this screw? is that my locking nut? do i just tourqe the other nut? btw-right now i'm reading .008 on the valves cept for one, that's .007, i'm seeing on most of the engines similar the range is .004-.006. does anyone know are they the correct spec's for fh480v?
Old 09-01-2014, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

having issues getting the parts breakdown loaded, working on it.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

took a screen shot to show the parts but not sure how to upload. work on it later, meantime if anyone gots some help without it, thank you.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

btw-been having surging issues so been methodically going over everything i know or learned the last wk. so gotta ask, could valves over spec's by .002 in. cause this? so far have cleaned gas tank and changed filter, new plugs (current ones look pretty clean (carbon on base of threads in the front one, number 1 cyl i believe) and went over the carb with carb cleaner. gonna redo that next, had a limiter cap in my way so didn't mess with that(from memory think that a idle air pilot screw). might go over this again tonite if have time.*also checked ign. coils with 12 dollor inline tester. pulled both plug, one then other at idle and it still ran. lastly after i went over the carb engine engine improve big time but still a little bit of surge, i'm thinking it's that air screw. and thanks for reading.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

never mind i gots it figured it out. hopefully there's a book on this engine, stuff i'm finding on the interwebs is looking nothing like it.