Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-27-2000, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Okay guys, settle down. This post was for the new guys out there with a ton of questions. I think they can learn a lot from these books, and that means more educated, eager to learn, AND TEACH, people around this forum!! So lets leave it alone, and let it benefit those that it can.<p><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti
Old 06-27-2000, 09:12 PM

Phil, you dont even know when people have complimented you. They did, then you give a pompous azz diatribe. Then you wonder why you get flack. Well duh!
Old 06-27-2000, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Member

A compliment is okay, but I don't want anyone to get the impression that I need help selling my books or other sevices or that I rely on others to do my marketing for me. That's why I posted that big list up above. If not one of the folks who come to this forum ever in their entire life didn't purchase a book from me, well there are thousands of others who do. I would prefer that nobody around here even mention my name. I don't need more publicity or more phone calls or emails. Maybe I should stop advertising altogether and take a few days off. Don't call me ... I'll call you.<p>Phil Nilsson
Old 06-28-2000, 07:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Well, I was just about to place my order for the entire Nilsson library of books and audio tapes when I read this last post. I was also interested in aquiring an organic lawn care franchise, and retaining a speaker for a trade show that we are having .... But, since you are too busy, I will have to give someone else a call. <p><font size="1">Edited by: Bluegrass
Old 06-28-2000, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Bluegrass,<br>I am already booked up with seminar speaking assignments thru the spring of 2001, so if you need a speaker before than try Bill Phagan. <p>And then you brought up the organic lawn care franchise? Right now my focus is on selling the New England region only. I do that thru my personal contacts, because the internet makes my email busy with &quot;tire kickers&quot;. Like any sales lead, it's not quantity that counts ... it's &quot;quality&quot;. That's another reason for me controlling my own marketing and not have forum people do a lot of &quot;name dropping&quot; on me. <p>Then you mentioned the books again like Guido did. Well buy em if you want or don't. The entire collection purchased separately sells for about $900.00 and when purchased as a set you get it for about $500.00 so you save $400.00 ... personally I'd rather sell them separately because I think the &quot;set deal&quot; is too much of a giveaway.<p>The forum is a place for folks to ask and get questions answered about lawn care stuff. Promoting your own services is frowned on. People are always suspicious about posts like these as to whether they were &quot;set up&quot; by somebody. That's why I prefer that my products and services not be mentioned at all. I find myself coming in here again, putting down a negtaive following post or having to explain this or that again, and again. Thanks anyway.<p>Phil Nilsson<p>
Old 07-02-2000, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I went to Barnes and Nobel the other day to pick up the above 3 books. They have no record of them. Can either of you two authors spend a second or two to tell me how or where to get em. Thanks from a measly lawn scrub.
Old 07-02-2000, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Acute Cut, Read the post (mine) that started this thread. Read it carefully this time!! The last sentence says where to get them at. Wish ya luck!<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti