Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-29-2003, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Echo trimmers

hey guys i am just starting out this year and am in the market for a trimmer. i have heard several people talk about echo trimmers and was wondering if the echo 210 is going to be good enough to start out with.any input or advice is apreciated greatly thanks Cuttingedge2k3NY
Old 03-29-2003, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have 210,my son uses it,its light,but its underpowered.The next size up,230 is much better,also light,but more power about 40 bucks more but worth it.Lesco sells a kaw23 for 230.00,I like it better than both my echos.
Old 03-30-2003, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What about vibration? Shaft drive or cable?

http://www.pr-fectlawn.com
Old 03-31-2003, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Member

We run all Echo line Trimmers and love them. We use the flex shaft and run the 260s. I would not recommend any lower model. Spend the extra money and get more power, it will pay off in the long run. Around here they run around $270. If can't aford that get the most you can.
Old 03-31-2003, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Going to buy a new Echo 260 on Tuesday, really like the extra power of the 310 but the added weight will not be worth the price and small increase in power not to mention extra fatigue at the end of the day. The 260 series has a dry weight similar to the 210's. One other thing to think about keep all your 2-cycle power units from the same company (sthil,echo,deer,scandavia etc.)
so you can carry only one gas-oil mix container for all the units. You will need to use their oil to keep warranty valid for any service in the future.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Echo

Highly recommend the 260 trimmers, lots of power, light weight, good balance, starts on second pull cold.. I have the PAS 260 and a few of the attachments only one problem so far and that was a drive cable which has a lifetime warrenty. You wont find the 260 at home cheepo or wally world you will need to find an authorized dealer .
BobR

Old 04-03-2003, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Member

What about the SRM-230SP? It is availible at Home Depot for $249. It's a 23.6cc straight shaft trimmer? Just wondering on the quality of this machine due to the fact that there are no Echo dealers in the near vicinity.
Old 04-04-2003, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

ED'S LAWN SERVICE

I like ECHO but then that is what my dealer sells, some guys like REDMAX or KAWASAKI or STIHL or SHINDAWA these are all great machines and the LCO'S get them from distributors / dealers in their area not from the homeowner discount stores. If you want a top notch machine shop where the professional go. The old saying "You Get What You Pay For" holds true in this instance.
BobR

Old 04-05-2003, 11:36 AM
Suspended

Give Stihl a try: I have an FS 55r I know its a homeowner model but ive put it through the toughest stuff this summer. i bought it half way through the summer because i coulnd`t stop blowing up those ryobi units I`ve cut foot tall wet grass with it and thickets the equivilent of raspberry bushes, it has 27.2 cc engine and i`ve never had to run it full throttle even cutting thickets, it light for all i`m concerend and withstood really good.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, buy were you can get parts and service. But no one has said anything about Tanaka. Two of the dealers in my area sell them. I was thinking on getting the TBC 2501. Anyone owned one?

http://www.pr-fectlawn.com