Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-01-2003, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Up State NEW YORK

Any one interested in bantering about Lawn Care for the Saratoga and surrounding counties ???
I am a one person operation in Saratoga county, all of my clients are in Amsterdam NY, I found it easier to concentrate on a smaller area and spend less time on the road.. How about this crummy weather, have visited a few of the high end lawns but cant use any power equipment yet (just picking up junk and fallen limbs) was even able to remove some Christmas lighting which has been frozen in..
Bob Rowe

Old 04-01-2003, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Member

I am a solo in North Syracuse here.

Unbelievable weather. I have visited a few of my customers, but not able to get equipment on lawns yet.

I've even been hesitant to put out flyers yet. Who is thinking about lawns with this weather?

Bob
Old 04-01-2003, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Member

hey bobr, i'm in central vt. not much better over here. thought that winter going to break but here it comes again!! more snow weds nit into thurs and another shot maybe on sat. at least there is money in plowing
Old 04-01-2003, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hello Bob

I just got back from my equipment dealer (picked up some filters and other goodies) and it is snowing again but the trusty weather man says that we are going to be in the 50's thursday, I'll believe it when I see it.

Bob R

Old 04-02-2003, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Upstate NY

I have some family in that area. I am originally from the Ilion area. Have moved about 3 hrs south west to Elmira. The weather hasn't gotten any better here either. The last snow is starting to melt and the ground is straiting to dry up a bit. I have had nothing to do do other than pickup dog **** in my own yard. What a mess my poor back lawn needs to be completely redone. So now I have another cash out flow to look forward to this season. I just hope there is nothing else that may go wrong.

Ron
Old 04-02-2003, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lwnmwr1 -- We are whining now about the cold wait till mid July and August when we would do about anything for a breath of cool fresh air (but that is what the North East is all about).

Bommarito -- No doggie doo here but it sure is sloppy, looks like you are getting this stripe of rainy weather before it reaches here. That darn bubble of Canadian cold has kept us all out of the 50's and possible 60's.. We need some dry breezes to suck up all the moisture.

BobR

Old 04-24-2003, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Member

From Rochester,Ny here. Looking to start a business.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Welcome

SC430TT

Welcome to Lawnsite! Your in the right place if your looking for info on starting up your new company. Use the search feature alot you will be able to find out tons of information (plus you will be able to avoid the endless persecution of some members harassing you about not searching first.) Again Welcome to the site.

Ron
Old 04-24-2003, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bommarito

Hey - Whas Happenin - are the guys from 'upstate' takin the day off ??? We had a trace of snow on the ground this morning and I said 'nuts to this, aint nothing that cant wait til the temp moderates a bit' so I am spending a bit of quality time on 'lawnsite'..
BobR

Old 04-25-2003, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Member

I have a question for you guys. I never wanted to get into fertilizing and weed control, but I have a couple of customers who will be asking for it this year.

I looked all over the NYS website looking for information. It is not very clear. Can I fertilize without an applicator's license? Also what is required to get an applicator's license? The website does not lay it out. It points you to a webpage for classes at Cornel.

Thanks,

Bob