Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-04-2003, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mowerconsultant
Pete,
You did not mention if you are getting manual shift 4wd or ESOF (electronic shift on the fly), I will never own a ESOF again, many many problems !!!
The brake controller wires into a harness you plug in under the dash, the harness is provided by Ford and should be in the glove box when you get the truck. There will also be a couple of relays to put in the fuse box.
Other than that great ride I have a 2000 F250 PSD Super Cab with 126K on her now.
If you can not find a truck with the trailer mirrors you can buy a set off Ebay or from many sources for around 200.00 or less

Later
Pj
It's a manual shift, not on the fly. Also, I had a good talk with the dealer. Since I never paid for the mirrors or steps, but only assumed I was getting them the dealer worked with me. He installed factory steps at the factory "cost" and then gave me the big mirrors and installed totally free of charge for their screw up.
I'm picking it up tomorrow. After 9 years with a GMC, I hope the Ford with be as good and maybe better.
PJ, did you run the new WB yet???? And, thanks about installing the controller. Maybe I'll have you come down and demo the new mower and let you install the controller. OH, I'll pay for coffee
Pete... and Thanks everyone for your help..........
Old 04-05-2003, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mowerconsultant
Pete,
You did not mention if you are getting manual shift 4wd or ESOF (electronic shift on the fly), I will never own a ESOF again, many many problems !!!
The brake controller wires into a harness you plug in under the dash, the harness is provided by Ford and should be in the glove box when you get the truck. There will also be a couple of relays to put in the fuse box.
Other than that great ride I have a 2000 F250 PSD Super Cab with 126K on her now.
If you can not find a truck with the trailer mirrors you can buy a set off Ebay or from many sources for around 200.00 or less

Later
Pj

I had heard a lot of stories like this before I bought my truck. But the truck I wanted had the elctronic shift so I took it, 149,000 miles later I have not had a single problem at all. Maybe I just got lucky.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:24 AM
LawnSite Member

Gotta post pics, we just love pictures. :blob3:
Old 04-05-2003, 07:54 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Renda
Gotta post pics, we just love pictures. :blob3:
You mean like my mascot Spencer and Joe.
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2003, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well, its a ford so you need to...

F flip
O over
R read
D directions

....when it breaks down on ya. lol

Had to throw that in. At least its not a DODGE!
Old 04-11-2003, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I just about bought a new ford but ended up with a Chevy. One thing I noticed about the ford is the engine oil requirements on the 5.4. They specified 5w-20 I think. Check your owners manual. Just seemed odd to me.
Old 04-11-2003, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Switchless@aol.com
I'm sure it's just me. Coming from the old school, it sounds like a mean con rod knock. AND.... it's just annoying Oh, and did I say the "wife" didn't like it??? Need I say more??
I just got done mowing a lawn and a very prettylady came up to my pass side window, rolled it down and first thing she said was I just love the sound of a big diesel , I said oh ya, and looked at my wedding ring.
Old 04-11-2003, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Brickman
I had heard a lot of stories like this before I bought my truck. But the truck I wanted had the elctronic shift so I took it, 149,000 miles later I have not had a single problem at all. Maybe I just got lucky.
me neither, my 99 and the 2002 has it no problems.
Old 04-11-2003, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wriken
I just got done mowing a lawn and a very prettylady came up to my pass side window, rolled it down and first thing she said was I just love the sound of a big diesel , I said oh ya, and looked at my wedding ring.

In cowboy/girl country you see many many beautiful girls riding in and driving diesel pick ups. More Ford PSD than any thing else but also a fair number of Dodge trucks and a couple of Chebies.

I have had a lot of girls turn their heads and stare and wave at me as I roll by in my 2000 F Super Duty PSD. Of course I often go around the block to look at them and wave again for the second or third time.
Old 04-11-2003, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Barkleymut
I just about bought a new ford but ended up with a Chevy. One thing I noticed about the ford is the engine oil requirements on the 5.4. They specified 5w-20 I think. Check your owners manual. Just seemed odd to me.
That's something they started in 2001. Primary reason: To increase the **** among their whole fleet of vehicles. Even though trucks over 8500 (I think) GVW don't fall under this, they use the 5.4 in 1/2 ton trucks that do. The 4.6 is the same way as is the V10. I have a 01 Mustang that calls for 5-20 as well, but have been running it with 5-30 synthetic since about 5,000 miles. 5-30 was called for in these modular engines prior to 2001, so it should be just fine. They made no drastic changes to the internals in that time. Just a way to up their fuel economy across the board