Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-04-2003, 10:22 PM
Doc Pete Doc Pete is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally posted by mowerconsultant
Pete,
You did not mention if you are getting manual shift 4wd or ESOF (electronic shift on the fly), I will never own a ESOF again, many many problems !!!
The brake controller wires into a harness you plug in under the dash, the harness is provided by Ford and should be in the glove box when you get the truck. There will also be a couple of relays to put in the fuse box.
Other than that great ride I have a 2000 F250 PSD Super Cab with 126K on her now.
If you can not find a truck with the trailer mirrors you can buy a set off Ebay or from many sources for around 200.00 or less

Later
Pj
It's a manual shift, not on the fly. Also, I had a good talk with the dealer. Since I never paid for the mirrors or steps, but only assumed I was getting them the dealer worked with me. He installed factory steps at the factory "cost" and then gave me the big mirrors and installed totally free of charge for their screw up.
I'm picking it up tomorrow. After 9 years with a GMC, I hope the Ford with be as good and maybe better.
PJ, did you run the new WB yet???? And, thanks about installing the controller. Maybe I'll have you come down and demo the new mower and let you install the controller. OH, I'll pay for coffee
Pete... and Thanks everyone for your help..........
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-05-2003, 07:19 AM
Brickman's Avatar
Brickman Brickman is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: eastern WY
Posts: 1,249
Quote:
Originally posted by mowerconsultant
Pete,
You did not mention if you are getting manual shift 4wd or ESOF (electronic shift on the fly), I will never own a ESOF again, many many problems !!!
The brake controller wires into a harness you plug in under the dash, the harness is provided by Ford and should be in the glove box when you get the truck. There will also be a couple of relays to put in the fuse box.
Other than that great ride I have a 2000 F250 PSD Super Cab with 126K on her now.
If you can not find a truck with the trailer mirrors you can buy a set off Ebay or from many sources for around 200.00 or less

Later
Pj

I had heard a lot of stories like this before I bought my truck. But the truck I wanted had the elctronic shift so I took it, 149,000 miles later I have not had a single problem at all. Maybe I just got lucky.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-05-2003, 07:24 AM
Bill Renda Bill Renda is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wallingford, Ct.
Posts: 15
Gotta post pics, we just love pictures. :blob3:
__________________
Spend each day like it is your last, cause someday it will be.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-05-2003, 07:54 AM
Doc Pete Doc Pete is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Renda
Gotta post pics, we just love pictures. :blob3:
You mean like my mascot Spencer and Joe.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-10-2003, 09:37 PM
GraZZmaZter GraZZmaZter is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Flushing, Mi.
Posts: 740
Well, its a ford so you need to...

F flip
O over
R read
D directions

....when it breaks down on ya. lol

Had to throw that in. At least its not a DODGE!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-11-2003, 12:04 AM
Barkleymut Barkleymut is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 1,117
I just about bought a new ford but ended up with a Chevy. One thing I noticed about the ford is the engine oil requirements on the 5.4. They specified 5w-20 I think. Check your owners manual. Just seemed odd to me.
__________________
Lots of equipment and experience.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-11-2003, 12:09 AM
wriken's Avatar
wriken wriken is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 2,161
Quote:
Originally posted by Switchless@aol.com
I'm sure it's just me. Coming from the old school, it sounds like a mean con rod knock. AND.... it's just annoying Oh, and did I say the "wife" didn't like it??? Need I say more??
I just got done mowing a lawn and a very prettylady came up to my pass side window, rolled it down and first thing she said was I just love the sound of a big diesel , I said oh ya, and looked at my wedding ring.
__________________
Wright's Lawn Service
285 S. Clare Ave.
Harrison, Mi. 48625
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-11-2003, 12:11 AM
wriken's Avatar
wriken wriken is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 2,161
Quote:
Originally posted by Brickman
I had heard a lot of stories like this before I bought my truck. But the truck I wanted had the elctronic shift so I took it, 149,000 miles later I have not had a single problem at all. Maybe I just got lucky.
me neither, my 99 and the 2002 has it no problems.
__________________
Wright's Lawn Service
285 S. Clare Ave.
Harrison, Mi. 48625
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-11-2003, 11:13 AM
Brickman's Avatar
Brickman Brickman is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: eastern WY
Posts: 1,249
Quote:
Originally posted by wriken
I just got done mowing a lawn and a very prettylady came up to my pass side window, rolled it down and first thing she said was I just love the sound of a big diesel , I said oh ya, and looked at my wedding ring.


In cowboy/girl country you see many many beautiful girls riding in and driving diesel pick ups. More Ford PSD than any thing else but also a fair number of Dodge trucks and a couple of Chebies.


I have had a lot of girls turn their heads and stare and wave at me as I roll by in my 2000 F Super Duty PSD. Of course I often go around the block to look at them and wave again for the second or third time.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-11-2003, 08:22 PM
Keith's Avatar
Keith Keith is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,794
Quote:
Originally posted by Barkleymut
I just about bought a new ford but ended up with a Chevy. One thing I noticed about the ford is the engine oil requirements on the 5.4. They specified 5w-20 I think. Check your owners manual. Just seemed odd to me.
That's something they started in 2001. Primary reason: To increase the **** among their whole fleet of vehicles. Even though trucks over 8500 (I think) GVW don't fall under this, they use the 5.4 in 1/2 ton trucks that do. The 4.6 is the same way as is the V10. I have a 01 Mustang that calls for 5-20 as well, but have been running it with 5-30 synthetic since about 5,000 miles. 5-30 was called for in these modular engines prior to 2001, so it should be just fine. They made no drastic changes to the internals in that time. Just a way to up their fuel economy across the board
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 AM.

Page generated in 0.10616 seconds with 8 queries