The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-04-2003, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My top things I hate the most:

1. Spring Clean up
2. Fall Clean up
3. Tree Pruning
Old 04-05-2003, 12:18 AM

I don't care how much money I make off them i still HATE spring cleanups. I'd much rather be doing landscape instals.
Old 04-05-2003, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i don't mind spring clean ups,but i hate fall clean ups because the truck fills up so quick i always have two trucks at each site so when one fills up we just un hook it from the trailer and hook up the other truck.then you have to go back and forth to the dump.then the dumps only open on fridays and saturdays which stinks
Old 04-05-2003, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I forgot to mention in my above post, My spring clean-ups are as great as my fall clean-ups. By that I mean if there is 8"s of leaves in the fall, theres 8"s of leaves in the spring, lots of oaks that hold their leaves all winter. I could do , no kidding, but up to 10 times of clean-ups that I do currently, but I have to take care of my clients that I have stayed with.
Old 04-05-2003, 01:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

agree with gravely-man

ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK!!!!!!~! I must agree with you Gravely-man!

I had to laugh yesterday I had a friend that wanted me to come by and areate his yard so I said sure. I went to my shed and got the old pull behind and my old John Deere out and went to his house it could not been more than a 1/4 maybe a little less anyhow he pay me forty dollars, no get his he live in a hood that are the Jone's. You all know this type of hood, if one somebody has something done everyone wants the same thing. Well to make a long story short I did five areations in a little less than 2 hours and laugh all the way to the bank with 425 dollars and I will be going back to do a few more this weekend. The reason I was laughing is because where else in any industry is someone going to pay you to put hole in something they own, and the best part is that I like what I am doing. Enjoy fellas Enjoy.
GOD SPEED!!!!
Old 04-05-2003, 01:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Did you really Core Aerate 5 yards for only $425?
Old 04-05-2003, 02:56 AM
LawnSite Member

I like doing clean ups, either Spring or Fall.
Now, it's not the money, I'm an hourly guy. But I like all the different aspects of scaping. It kinda breaks up the mowing monotony. Besides I like to mow yards that are all cleaned up and look "tight". Makes me feel better about the work that I do. But I know guys who work with us who HATE to do anything but run a rider. I can't stand those guys. Won't run a walk behind, or grab a trimmer, and stall so they aren't the one who blows. Anybody work with those guys?
Old 04-05-2003, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

totalcaresolution

For only 425 Yep!!!! The yards were not that big as I said I think the bigest was maybe 1/4 acre if that. Here are some of the deminsion front: 25' x 30', back: 42' x16' oh one was front:10' x 50' back 40' x 23' Like I said these yards were small, but I am willing to please these folks cause I am goin to pick up the accounts for this mowing season. I will be charging more to mow the yards. Life is just tooo good. I hope I have not offended you in anyway. I took more time to put my deere on the trailer than to plug those yards. Shoot I had one customer call me back and asked if I could spread some mulch this weekend for her. I got the call this morning, so I must go and get some mulch and tend to this woman. Have an Nice day and GOD SPEED!!!!! The Little thing go a long way.
Old 04-05-2003, 09:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not real crazy about them, but the money comes in handy for start-up operations though.
Old 04-07-2003, 02:43 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hate em'

Since I keep up with lawns of existing customers, I don't do many new ones. As few as I usually do, I'd rather just mow an extra lawn a week and not do them at all. I think I just prefer the more orderly process of mowing and, when needed, mulching/vacuming the leaves as I go, a few at a time.