Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-25-2007, 01:06 AM
LawnSite Member

prices and right equipment?

So this has probably been beaten to death on here but i have got to have some of you seasoned guys pat me on the back or kick me in the hind end.
I am going to branch off my current tractor work i do with a SCUT which has a BH and FEl and start doing some large (1/2 acre and up) lawns. I plan on purchasing a kubota zd321 or zd326 with a 60" deck, a stihl back pack blower and a stihl edger. I allready own a echo string trimmer I bought from home depot, im not sure which model but it was about 250.00. I figure I will need about 1000.00 a month to cover the expenses on both kubotas, fuel and insurence. I own a 18 foot trailer and a new 07 gmc sierra which can pull a max of 10,500 lbs.
With all that what kind of advice do you guys have about any other equipment i will need? I do have a about 20,000 in hand tools due to ive been a medium duty diesel tech for 12 years, and a stihl ms290 chain saw.
thanks for your help !!!
Old 02-25-2007, 08:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by workinallthetime View Post
a SCUT which has a BH and FEl
I have no clue what these thing are. Like Norm says..."It's all in the tools". Sounds like you have it covered for starting a lawn gig. Maybe some back up equipment. At least get a seat cover or an old towel and floor mats for the new truck so as not to skank it up.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Member

SCUT = sub compact utility tractor 23 diesel hp, it only needs 53" clearance to get into a back yard and is great for a million jobs
BH= back hoe
FEL = front end loader