Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-11-2003, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Super Surfer???????

Anyone got any opinions on the Great Dane Surfer's????
Looking to get a 48" for residential yards.
Old 04-11-2003, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm looking to get a 61" Super Surfer this year myself. From what I can see and read it's a great unit.

Demo, Demo, Demo.

Go get one and use it on the property you want to mow with it, and see how it works for you. If the dealer wont let you demo, find another dealer that will.

I demo'd one in a parking lot and found it very easy to control and maneuver, and it was comfortable to stand on. Controls were comfortably placed and you can see very well from the drivers position, so trimming is minimized.

I'm working on getting a working demo now. If the rain would ever stop.................

Keep in mind there is never any substitute for horsepower, so get the biggest engine available for that size deck. Don't skimp there. Electric start is really nice too if you're commercial.

You're going to get positive and negative replies here on this site. Don't believe everything you hear.

Demo, Demo, Demo.

I own Walker and Toro commercial mowers and I'm going to get a GD next. They are nice units.

Did I say Demo?

Edited to say:

If you're doing strictly residential you might want to look at their "Gatemaster" the 48" Surfer may not fit in alot of backyards. Food for thought.

Ps 23:1-2
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in GREEN PASTURES