Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-13-2003, 07:09 PM
wave~life's Avatar
wave~life wave~life is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Marietta,Georiga
Posts: 21
Best least expensive hand held blower


Hi,

Was wondering if you guys could recommend a inexpensive hand held blower.
I can't afford a back pack blower right now so am thinking maybe echo hand held?
Would that be a good choice?


wave~life
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-13-2003, 07:16 PM
DLS1's Avatar
DLS1 DLS1 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kansas City, Mo. area
Posts: 1,620
Echo at Home Depot. I bought one beginning of last year and no problems yet.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-13-2003, 07:23 PM
grassdaddy's Avatar
grassdaddy grassdaddy is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: chattanooga,tn
Posts: 565
I have the 200.00 Echo shred/vac.Its reliable,and starts easy.BUT it don't have a whole bunch of power,blows grass fine ,if wind ain't agains't you.Vaccum power isn't too strong either.
__________________
Grassdaddy and Family
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-13-2003, 07:29 PM
wave~life's Avatar
wave~life wave~life is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Marietta,Georiga
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally posted by LSDLS
Echo at Home Depot. I bought one beginning of last year and no problems yet.
Howdy,

Thanks for the info.I will plan a trip to the Depot first thing in the morning to check out their echo blowers.
Any model number better then the rest?


wave~life

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana".
Groucho Marx
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-13-2003, 07:33 PM
wave~life's Avatar
wave~life wave~life is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Marietta,Georiga
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally posted by grassdaddy
I have the 200.00 Echo shred/vac.Its reliable,and starts easy.BUT it don't have a whole bunch of power,blows grass fine ,if wind ain't agains't you.Vaccum power isn't too strong either.
Thanks for the info Grassdaddy,looks like echo might be the way to go.I will try to keep the wind at my back and hope for the best. ; )

wave~life

"I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury".

Groucho Marx
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-13-2003, 11:19 PM
PaulJ's Avatar
PaulJ PaulJ is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Columbus, NE
Posts: 1,777
For commercial quality Echo or Stihl will probably be the least expensive.

But

The absolute cheapest gas blower I have found is a Weedeater for about $60

It has real throttle control just a choke.

It is what I started with and I still use it for a backup or if my arms are getting tired. It is the lightest blower I have found also.
And It blows enough air to get the clippings off the concrete, which is all i need a blower for most of the time.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-14-2003, 01:54 AM
wave~life's Avatar
wave~life wave~life is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Marietta,Georiga
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulJ
For commercial quality Echo or Stihl will probably be the least expensive.

But

The absolute cheapest gas blower I have found is a Weedeater for about $60

It has real throttle control just a choke.

It is what I started with and I still use it for a backup or if my arms are getting tired. It is the lightest blower I have found also.
And It blows enough air to get the clippings off the concrete, which is all i need a blower for most of the time.
Howdy Paul,

I will be looking at the depot tomorrow,sometimes they carry the weedeater brands.All I really need it todo is blow the clippings off the hard surfaces so the weedeater might be a good cheap alternative right now.Thanks for the recky.

wave~life

"Room service? Send up a larger room."

Groucho Marx
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-14-2003, 04:16 PM
CMLLawnServices's Avatar
CMLLawnServices CMLLawnServices is offline
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Huron County,Ontario,Canada
Posts: 333
I`m all with paulj I bought one of those cuz it was 70 bucks as a back up to my stihl hand held and I use that thing more than the stihl , it doesn`t start as easy but it is really light and blows pretty good and i will have it with me always on the trailer.
its a definate for the cheapest blower.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-15-2003, 01:39 PM
lawncare3's Avatar
lawncare3 lawncare3 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: DENVER ,CO
Posts: 1,983
ECHO PB2100 I bought one of these @ home cheepo for $149.95.

It had a much more soild handdle then a weedeater but, I had one of those weedeaters and it worked good until I got my stihl br420c magnum.

But, for a handheld I would say go with the echo.

Good Luck,

Chris

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-15-2003, 07:18 PM
wave~life's Avatar
wave~life wave~life is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Marietta,Georiga
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally posted by CMLLawnServices
I`m all with paulj I bought one of those cuz it was 70 bucks as a back up to my stihl hand held and I use that thing more than the stihl , it doesn`t start as easy but it is really light and blows pretty good and i will have it with me always on the trailer.
its a definate for the cheapest blower.
Thanks for the info.I went to the depot today but they are no longer carrying the weedeater brand.However their compitiion "Lowes" across the street had the weed eater you guys have been talking about.Came to about $73.00 with tax.
This will do untill I can aford a backpack blower.

wave~life


"Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?"

Groucho Marx
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 AM.

Page generated in 0.12759 seconds with 8 queries