Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-19-2000, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Are any of you double blading with a Walker? I tried it. Works great, but I had to bolt them together due to the design. I used a gator for a 36 Scag for the upper. It's a 42 deck. Overlaping blades are timed so the additional blades must be short. <p>----------<br>Bobby <br>Ft Lauderdale
Old 04-19-2000, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am in the mid atlantic region alson. I am using the 2 balde set-up on my choppers (THANKS to Eric). I am presently using high lift on the bottom, gators on the top of the center and left, and another high lift at the discharge. The only time the grass clumps is if you don't clean under the deck. The motor does tend to slow a bit with all the high lifts but one pass usually does it.<br>
Old 04-19-2000, 08:00 PM

hey does anyone know if the 2 blades will work in a older 48&quot; bobcat with a 12.5 hp kawi? The blade speed is not all that fast to begin with. I think it will work on the rest of my mowers though. I 'm going to try it when take my blades of to sherpen them fri. thanks
Old 04-21-2000, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yesterday I cut a lawn that was about 5&quot;. Used my 52&quot; Lazer Z with mulching kit. The grass was wet, and it clumped up pretty bad.<p>So tonight I pulled off the mulching kit, put the discharge chute back on, and installed double blades. <p>Sounds like a jet taking off. Can't wait to try it out.
Old 04-21-2000, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Lee in answer to your question, there was a past post about a part to keep a two blade configuration in a perfect 90 degree angle.<br>I checked with Exmark and they told me it was discontinued, I could only get separate<br>pieces of the whole package and it was designed for the Exmark Explorer and any other application would require some kind <br>of modification.....Brian <p>----------<br>Valhalla lawn and pool<br>
Old 04-21-2000, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Lee in answer to your question, there was a past post about a part to keep a two blade configuration in a perfect 90 degree angle.<br>I checked with Exmark and they told me it was discontinued, I could only get separate<br>pieces of the whole package and it was designed for the Exmark Explorer and any other application would require some kind <br>of modification.....Brian <p>----------<br>Valhalla lawn and pool<br>
Old 04-21-2000, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Some friends and I are currently having a small fixture made to hold the blades at a perfect 90 degrees. We are ordering these from a local fabricating shop to outfit 5 Dixie Choppers.<p>If they work well I wouldn't mind making them available to anyone else who is interested.<p>roncapetz@netzero.net
Old 04-22-2000, 06:46 AM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
Has anybody double bladed a Toro?<p>I don't see how this can improve the oem<br>single blade setup. You just wear out spindle bearings fasters with the added weight.<br>
Old 04-22-2000, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I tried the double bladeson my DCxw2500,and I will use them all the time now,it really does a better job with them,less clipping clumps allowing you to go faster,I run a hi lift on bottom and gator on top.<p>----------<br>John D<br>
Old 04-25-2000, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Eric,<p>Are you a god? I just got back from mowing in a steady rain. My Lazer with the double blades did an incredible job. No clumping, lawn looked bagged when I was done. The homeowner is having a party tomorrow and was very impressed with the quality of cut. She couldn't believe I could cut at all in the rain let alone make it look as nice as it did. I'm a firm believer in the double blade setup now. Thank you.