Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-16-2003, 08:35 AM
Banned

John Deere 4000 ten series

Does anybody have any experience with a John Deere 4210, 4310 or 4410 with Ehydro and 4WD? How do you like it? What do you do with it?

Thanks
Old 04-17-2003, 03:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 4410's. I love them both. I use them for lawn installs, grading, tilling, mowing, sweeping, and bucket work. It is an awesome machine. Works like a charm. The power is great, I had 4400 and 955 prior. I much prefer these. If you have any specific questions i would be happy to answer..
mike
Old 04-18-2003, 12:42 AM
Banned

Thanks Mike, I do have a question. Do you use turf tires or? Can you turn on turf without doing too much damage?
Thanks
Greg
Old 04-18-2003, 07:08 AM
Banned

What is the smallest size area you mow with it?

Does the Ehydro work as advertised? Does it work reliably?

Thanks
Old 04-18-2003, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Greg,
Yes I have Turfs. I find them to work just fine in all situations. This machine does no damage in 2wd and very little in 4wd on grass when doing full crank turns. I don't like the indust/ag tires because I do a lot of work on formal lawns. You must be careful, the model before this, the 4400 had front axle problems that did huge, HUGE amounts of damage to grass. I got an axle replacement and it was fine.
As far as the area i mow, I have a lawn at home that is 23K. It worked just fine on it, I have a 72 inch mower. My buddy has a 60 inch mower and his a little more maneuverable but i can mow my large yard (5 acres) much faster.

The power is really very well administered with this machine. The E-match works very well. I sometimes turn it off when I am doing the last fine grade so I can tell if i am pulling too much dirt. I really like the pedal pressure, it is light and easy. I had a small glitch in my computer on the one and they fixed it and it is now fine.....the glitch was from day one, and not on the other so it was not a big deal. This machine is really great for loader work, it runs like a dream. I think of it as my Swiss Army knife.

Any more questions......ask away,
mike
Old 04-19-2003, 12:25 AM
Banned

the Ehydro

Thanks for the info!

I did think of another question. :-)

The JD website says the Ehydro has 3 ranges but it doesn't say how you switch between them. Is it a manual lever, pushbutton or is it automatic????

We had a New Holland 1530 that had three ranges in HST. It was very sticky to change and my wife grew to dislike it.

Which makes me think of another question.

Is the 3 point hitch control smooth? The NH was not, in fact it was quite jerky.

Thanks again!
Old 04-19-2003, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The 3-point is very smooth. the adjustment is easy as far as drop and implement weight. As far as the range adjustment, it is a manual lever. but the thing is easy to use. I feel it is smooth, and concise. I like it much.
good luck
mike
Old 04-20-2003, 06:03 AM
Banned

Thanks Mike

Old 04-22-2003, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Member

4000 Series Deere

I hope this E-Hydro works out well, I just ordered a new 4710 in trade for my reliable old 2040. I wanted front wheel drive and the hydro. i looked hard at the 5030 Kubota, but I have a good Deere dealer.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Member

JD 4710?Help!
I own a 4710 ehydro tractor and don't know if I have a problem.
My dealer is not helpful. When on the slightest of slopes it rolls immmediately or soon after removing foot from forward pedal. The machine has less than 200 hrs.On any moderate slope it will run away.I have some other issues with my 48 backhoe and am hoping to find some 4710 owners to be able to inform myself before going back to the dealer,who has no experience with this model.