Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-16-2003, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

$105.00, $15.00 per building. Give or take a few bucks
make sure you got insurance, lots of small kids, people walking to their cars etc, apt's have toys and rocks hidden in the grass.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The only reason that I said $60 to $85 is because you said that it would take you about 2 hours to do with a 36" mower. Well, it would probably only take me about 45 mins to 1 hour to do with my larger mowers. So the $60 to $85 price is just about on target because if you go any higher I feel that competition will under bid you because they know that they can do it faster and cheaper.
do some searches tonight on bid sheet templates. Design your own and present them with the bid and everything that is involved with it. Also present them with information regarding your guarantees, policies (if you have any), and of course the rest of the services that you offer. This is a perfect time because then they can see everything else that you offer.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by wriken
$105.00, $15.00 per building. Give or take a few bucks
make sure you got insurance, lots of small kids, people walking to their cars etc, apt's have toys and rocks hidden in the grass.
yup, insurance...there is never such a thing as having too much insurance
Old 04-16-2003, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Member

thanks for the help, but I guess I am still trying to find a web page with templates for bids.

You guys are great and I will let you know how it went:blob3:
Old 04-17-2003, 03:38 PM
LawnSite Member

The bid went in this morning and it seems that we have the contract. We bid it at $105 and I think by the reaction that it may have been to low. Either it was in the ball park and she just really liked the way I dressed. I know that my fiance' was very jealous but did not say too much since it is income. she has stated that she will be there every mow to help out. I wonder why? lol. I do appreciate your input and all the information that is available on this web site. It has really come in handy.

OH!!!!! Come to find out that there is 5 other properties all owned by the same person. I think the apartment manager, who really thinks I am cute, is trying to get me into those complexes as well. Wouldn't that be something for my first year.

Once again, THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!

MAC