Register free!

Old 04-21-2003, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Member

phosphorus?

I have been treating my lawn with confront for wild violets. So I don't have many weeds in my lawn, so this month instead of weed & feed I'm looking at a 15-20-10 to boost the phosphorus level in my lawn. Do you think at this time of year this will be a waste or that the lawn will be able to absorb the phosphorus this time of year? I oversowed my lawn pretty heavy last fall. Thought this might help out. What do you guys think?? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-22-2003, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I guess my first question would be,... why would you want boost your P level to begin with? Do you want more weeds to grow, too? I wouldn't be concerned about it, unless you are needing it for a specific reason. Are you planting some new grass? Also, why would you be inclined to think that it was low, to begin with? Did you do a test, or something? Anyway, anything you put on right now, will take a while to absorb into the soil, but it's not a long period. While this is affected by the CEC, your soil SHOULD pick it right up, (unless it's clay, or something). Anyway, I'm not sure I would worry about it too much to give it that much, but it never really hurts. Just grab some good starter fertilizer, and you're all set.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Here in Michigan, I just received a letter from Hamburg Twsp. NO MORE Phosphorus!
$150.00 Fee,$50.00 truck fee.