Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-23-2003, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Saw a guy laying some pretty nice stripes with a lawn tractor

Today when I was driving through Plymouth I noticed what looked like an lco with a new truck and trailer laying some great stripes with what looked to be a 48" lawn tractor.

Just before I got back to the office I saw another scalping on a Bobcat z.

Goes to show ya, like so many have stated here on Lawnsite, regardless the machine, the operator makes the cut.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

For the most part all commercial machines are good but it totally depends on the operator. There is not a mower made that will work well under all conditions being run full out but yet I see a lot of the local companies going as fast as possible on each property they mow. The end result is not pretty.

Gravely_Man
Old 04-23-2003, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Gravely_Man
For the most part all commercial machines are good but it totally depends on the operator. There is not a mower made that will work well under all conditions being run full out but yet I see a lot of the local companies going as fast as possible on each property they mow. The end result is not pretty.

Gravely_Man
I agree. There are too many companies trying to get done fast and don't care about QUALITY. I would rather get it done QUALITY instead of SPEED.
Old 04-23-2003, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

48" garden tractor cut and stripes. Not bad IMO. Yes alittle scalping in the foreground I know... it was as high as the deck goes!!
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2003, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

simplicity riding tractors put down just as good of stripes as my 52 in. exmark with EZ striping kit. Actually, simplicity's striping kit is probably better than those on the commercial market right now, with the exception of exmark's.

todd
Old 04-23-2003, 02:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

before i got into the biz, i was very envious of striping, and i only had a crapsman lawn tractor. i could still stripe if i wanted to, just a lot more hassle turning around. i had to go forward, put it in reverse, back up to line up my next stripe, then put it back into gear. a vicious cycle and quite annoying. but goes to show that it's possible
Old 04-23-2003, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

michigangrass, I am working in Ann Arbor this week and next week. Your grass is much greener that ours in Ontario. There are quite a few lawns cut and more that need it already. We still have snow in some of the shaded areas of lawns.
We're working on some community housing buildings just off Jackson near the Lexus dealer we have about 6 more in this phase. The next big project is in Detroit and a small one on Plymouth Road near the eye clinic and hospital. Do you have any lawns nearby that I can pick apart?? We're still doing cleanups and getting ready for our first real cut in a few weeks.
I'm in Lansing tonight and going to Mount Pleasant tomorrow morning then back to Ann Arbor then to Sandusky. Nice day for driving again.
Old 04-23-2003, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with terracare, the Simplicity lawn tractors stripe nicely...they have a full rear deck roller.