Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-24-2003, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Member

hey Guys

Whats up guys,

Great forum by the way. The reason I stopped in was maybe to get some advice or suggestions, or anything for that matter. I'm 22 years old and my goal in life is to start my own business. Last year I started alittle computer business but my friend suggested to me that we start our own lawn care/landscaping business. I think that is a good idea but there are so many smiliar companys in my area it would very difficult to get off the ground. Another negative thing that weighs against the idea is that I would need to still keep my day time job until I could afford to go full time with the business and seeing that lawncare is during the day that would be very hard. If anyone has any suggestions I would grealty appreicate it. Thanks in advance.

See ya,
Chris
Old 04-24-2003, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The lawn and landscape biz is great.....Alot of cost for eqt. but its a good field. Learn all you can about it before you start though.
Old 04-24-2003, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome

Hello Chris - I would say that you lave landed on the 'Mother Load' of Lawn Care Information, I have been on other sites but keep coming back here. If you ask a specific question somewhere in the pile of responses you will receive will be the answer you are looking for. Suggest that you utilize the 'search' function as it is a great tool for finding the answer to any of the questions you might have. Reading gets boring and interaction is fun, a mix of both you will find beneficial. As said many times before 'The only dumb question is the one not asked'.
BobR

Old 04-24-2003, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Member

I apologize for not putting this thread in this forum to start with. I run a forum also and its annyoing when people cant start threads in the right forums, I apologize again.