Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-12-2000, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Anybody laying sod for more than .35 cents per sq. ft?
Old 09-12-2000, 10:25 PM
Lawnsite Addict

Small jobs under 500 yds with no water start at $4.50
large jobs over 5000 yds $3.50 will water if water on site.
Old 09-12-2000, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Paul is the higher price with no water because you have to guaruntee it? Does your price include water via trucks. What is your average price per gallon for water by trucks. Also what is the sod costing you or is that just a labor price. My prices vary by type of sod and accesibility. also quantity counts. I usually do it a little cheaper if large rolls can be used.
Old 09-13-2000, 01:00 AM
Lawnsite Addict

won't water jobs under 500 yds, would start to cost way too much,and nobody wants to pay that much. We use just blue grass sod, price includes labor to install and price of sod.
We use big rolls all the time, crew of three men expeted to grade and install 2000 per day big rolls. because of fuel costs this year prices of sod have risen to 1.40 per yd
Old 09-13-2000, 01:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We lay small rolls of sod. Price is similar to Paul's. If it is a small job (under one pallet) price goes way up due to transportation or buying from local re-wholesaler. We always include labor to lay it in the price. We get improved tall fescue, second choice is bluegrass due to our heat/humidity.
Old 09-13-2000, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My market (lower cost of living than Paul's, thus lower prices), delivered bluegrass costs about $1.10 per yd. We're charging $2.75/yd, but I'm not happy with the ROI, so I'm bumping it up next year to $3+/yd. We don't water, but offer a service to hook up multiple sprinklers in parallel that can be turned off/on at the spigot for a fee. After about 4 wks we return and collect the sprinklers/hoses. Like a low-tech irrigation system (in this market less than 5% of residents have an irrigation system).

Old 09-13-2000, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Ive been charging $1/ft (cost .205/ft) and have yet to lose a bid. All my jobs so far have been under 2500 ft, FWIW.
Old 09-14-2000, 01:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

right now my going rate is 3.25 per sq yd on a new install.....if i have to rip out old sod and hual it away its another $ 2 sq yrd

Eric Estes
Five Star Lawn Care LLC
Old 09-15-2000, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've been charging$1/sgft(fescue/bluegrass), if just removing old and installing new. Need dirt,regrading, anything like that is extra. Just did some zoysia sod few sg. ft. last week, cost me $8/per 5 sg ft, damn!The guy wanted to do a 400 sg ft part of his yard that isn't zoysia to match the rest cause he's putting his house on the market, told him it would be $1000, cause we did all the other landscaping, if not it would have been couple hundred more. He decided not to do it.
Old 09-16-2000, 07:54 AM
LawnSite Member

I can buy zoysia here for $2 per SQ YD all day long. That is delivered and placed. Bermuda goes for $1 per sq yd. After looking at some of everyone elses prices, these are cheap! And I still have customers complain that it costs too much to sod