Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-25-2003, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Printing your own business cards...

Who here creates and prints their own?

I am debating doing this tonight. I ran outta cards and it will take a week to 10 days to have my order filled for 500 more. 6 people have already asked and i said i was out, and i know thats not a good thing. I have heard of Vistaprint.com i think the name is, where else can i go online that doesnt charge to create them. i know i have to buy the paper, and will my HP printer from 2001 do the job? Thank you all
Old 04-25-2003, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Member

I've made my own cards since day one. If you have MS Office, MS Publisher you'll be able to make your own. You can goto Staple, Office Max/Depot etc. and bye blank business cards for your printer. Even if you don't have one of the following MS programs you can by an inexpensive software program to print your own cards.

Dave

Old 04-26-2003, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I played around (for a short while) with making my own cards but decided to go ahead and spend the $90 for 1,000 at a print shop for a professional 4 color. By the time I messed with it, bought material, etc., I just decided the print shop was well worth it. They had my order ready in two days.

You are right about vistaprint - they'll send you can get 500 cards for almost nothing there.
Old 04-26-2003, 08:07 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I make my own using Printshop program. I have a simple but effective card.
Old 04-26-2003, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks to all

Thank you guys for your input.
Old 04-27-2003, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have a Staples near by check them out. I got 1000 2 color cards for around $40. They are very nice, and came in about 5 days.
Old 04-27-2003, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I just made some on my hp printer and they look better than the ones I had made at a print shop
Old 04-27-2003, 06:30 PM
Senior Moderator

We've gotten them done at a printer before because I really like the raised lettering look.
But the cards were getting outdated because they didn't list any of our new services we now do.
So I decided to give it a shot making some.
I used Avery Ink Jet Textured Clean Edge, no perforations cards, and I'm pleased with how they look.
I went with the linen card because I knew I couldn't do raised lettering, and I didn't want them to look so flat and plain.

I used MS Publisher to create them, and what's nice is, I can experiment making a few designs and decide which one I like the best. (Then after I find the perfect design, if I opt, I can then take them to a printer and get the raised lettering.)

Everyone should have a business card, because either done at a printer or at home, they are a very inexpensive investment.
Old 05-20-2003, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Actually guys, from my perspective..... I made my own cards in the past with office 2000 and an epson 640 printer. color ink @ 29.99
per....black @20.00(office depot).....card stock 120 @ 8.99(walmart) can get about 1000 cards per ink cartridge. so let's do the math....ink 59.99 card stock card stock @(8 x 120 = 960) 8 x 8.99 = 71.92.......131.91 x .075(florida sales tax)= 9.89....$$$141.80 TOTAL..... THROW IN THE TIME YOU SAT THERE SCREAMING AT YOUR PC BECAUSE IT WOULDN'T CUT AND PASTE THE SIZE YOU WANTED WHERE YOU WANTED IT....LOL...Personally I didnn't feel that they looked as professional as raised letters. I went to a print shop and had cards with a logo in green ink with raised lettering for 56.00. My previous computer generated cards
with color didn't look nearly as professional...even though they had 8 colors on them....(look at what humidity or even a drop of water will do to them).......just my opinion....save a little free time
Old 05-25-2003, 03:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Go with the professional printed ones. You are saying alot with your cards. What do professional people think if you hand the a low quality business card.........
Texas Bragg Trailer
2002 Walker 26 EFI
2003 Snapper 61inch WB
Gravely 36 inch WB
Snapper 21 inch
Stihl power Equip