Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-01-2003, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You won't see me doing it, I also think the homeowner should do it
Old 05-01-2003, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I doo. If it is just a one time thing just pick it up and be about my business. If it is more than that add a couple of bucks on the bill. Never had any complaints yet. 10 dollars for a couple of minutes work with a shovel and a Winn Dixie bag.
Old 05-01-2003, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If it's there first time I will say to them "since this is your first time I will let it go but, from now on I will charge $5- per pile) When I say let it go I mean open the chute and aim towards the house.
Old 05-01-2003, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

There is no way in this world i will pick up someone elses dog poop. I will puke all over their lawn, making it worse.

I have in my service agreement that all loose items be removed from the turf prior to our scheduled day. IE.hoses, toys, DOG DROPPINGS.

yardman1

that is VERY unprofessional. you need to talk with the client to work the problem out. Not run through it, ruin their lawn, and than clean your mower on their dime!!
Old 05-01-2003, 01:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have mixed feelings on this issue, I do belive its the owners responsablity to clean up all poop prior to mowing (if they are on a scheduled date) We have and did recently do this so we could do a spring cleanup. I charged $60.00 for this service and told customer if you dont clean on every Thursday by 9am we will either not mow in that area or area's or an addition $60.00 will be added to service listed as unsanitary disposal, I think you could do it but if you are you should charge at least what the mowing account is for! If they drop you OH WELL!!!!
Old 05-01-2003, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Grassmaster, I have talked to them and they will not pick it up and they will not pay to have it picked up so I run over it. these yards are not on the covers of southern living, they are some that only want there grass mowed and I have had them for several years. Oh and by the way you do not know me so do not call me UNPROFESSIONAL.
Old 05-01-2003, 04:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

No i dont know you.

I know what you wrote though. From that i can form an opinion about you. What you did was unprofessional.

Get some higher end accounts.
Old 05-01-2003, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Why are you all so against scooping poop? I honestly dont see the problem with that, assuming that i am payed well.

Scott, please keep the cat in the bag.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok here is the answer and I am surprised that all you smart pople didn't think of it. Cut around it!! I did this to a client one time after I told him to clean it up many times.

I got a phone call one evening telling me I missed a bunch of places on his yard. I explained to him that those "37" high spots of grass had poop in them and that I would cut them next week when he removed them. He said, "37 piles?" I said yes. He had no idea there were that many. From then on there were no more piles.

One thing I hate is throwing that stuff up on me with the tires.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate picking my own dogs up so I sure as hell ain't picking up after someone elses dog. I like nelbuts idea, I don't like **** all over my stuff, not to mention the smell on a really hot day!!!